• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Gary and I had a great time this morning. Gary's new (to him) is powered by a DLE 55 that really ran nice for him today. He is a KE and pop top monster :cool:

P1020767.jpgP1020768.jpgP1020769.jpgP1020770.jpgP1020771.jpg

All this on MAIDEN DAY :D

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
For a minute I had a little scare... thought I left the camera at the field. It got tossed into my little tools/glue bin and was hiding under a rag.

aronph

70cc twin V2
i started this on rcg but im moving here....the top plate on my 89 is broke pretty bad. Its the one that goes all the way from the MB to the turtle deck. Its a pretty big piece and it doesnt come in the motorbox kit. I have a MB kit and will get everything thats broke that comes in the kit replaced but what do i do about this piece?....and why in the h*ll doesnt this piece come with a MB kit?..its one of the most important parts.....and wWHATS UP DAVE!!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Aron, any chance you can post a pic of the exact piece? Maybe I could get some measurements off mine... and SteveT is pretty handy with a bandsaw! :eek:

aronph

70cc twin V2
Aron, any chance you can post a pic of the exact piece? Maybe I could get some measurements off mine... and SteveT is pretty handy with a bandsaw! :eek:

pics are hard for me to post...i dont have the net at my house...i would have to take a pic then load it to the computer then upload it from a mcdonalds or something.....steve knows about the peice and said something about a CAD drawing but i dont understand that....its the top plate that the canopy sits on

gyro

GSN Contributor
pics are hard for me to post...i dont have the net at my house...i would have to take a pic then load it to the computer then upload it from a mcdonalds or something.....steve knows about the peice and said something about a CAD drawing but i dont understand that....its the top plate that the canopy sits on

well, let me know if I can be of any help. SteveT has an 89 also, so he can measure also.
-G

aronph

70cc twin V2
a guy told me to just get it out of the plane then piece it together the best i could then trace it out on a sheet of ply then just make a new one. Im sure im totally capable of doing that its just the thought of me screwin somethin up....just figured I would start the subject and get some feedback