• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

vtwinman

New to GSN!
Thx, for the advice.... That's what I'll do if I go with the 70... Hoping it will fit inside to cowl... The one I seen looks like it should have all kinds of room in there..

I have installed a da60 and a dle 60 twin on 2 separate 89's and the twin is a lot eaiser to install and is cleaner looking the cowl needs a lot of cutting for a single piston

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Hmmm.... that's gives me something to think about... May just do a 60 single... be a little cleaner install

Limitless Aero sells the GP61 single cylinder engine...I've been thinking about putting one of these in my 89 FB Slick...it has a almost new DLE-55RA in it right now that pulls it around just great. Not sure if I should swap out the motor or put the GP-61 into a different (i.e. new) 50cc airframe, like a 50cc Extra from either Limitless Aero or RedWingRC...choice...choices. :)

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I truly believe that in the giant scale 3d world, single cylinders motors are going to be a thing of the past. They are coming out with these amazing twins that will fit all of the 50cc birds. People will realize that their airframes will last a lot longer with a smoother twin, more efficient, and maybe more reliable.

Limitless Aero sells the GP61 single cylinder engine...I've been thinking about putting one of these in my 89 FB Slick...it has a almost new DLE-55RA in it right now that pulls it around just great. Not sure if I should swap out the motor or put the GP-61 into a different (i.e. new) 50cc airframe, like a 50cc Extra from either Limitless Aero or RedWingRC...choice...choices. :)

After what happen to me today I would advise you put the 61 on the 89 and put the 55 on the new plane your looking at, if I had just that extra bit of power I might not be Fixin mine now

Just getting around to updating my 89 Slick. Going to upgrade from 7955's to BLS172SV's and two R7008SB rx's. While I was looking it over I noticed that one of the aluminum L brackets that help hold the firewall to the motorbox was cracked. Spent the whole afternoon making two new ones and re-gluing the firewall back. In the first picture you can see the new one which is a little thicker and wider metal and the old cracked one that I had to heat up with a heat gun in the motorbox to get it to come loose because of it being glued in at the factory, in the process it got bent up a little. The original ones are really thin and very soft aluminum.

View attachment 21178 View attachment 21179

mine yesterday ripped on of the l brackets in two