• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yes, 1/4 turn is a huge adjustment and it was probly pretty lean. Glad I'm not hearing any negative effects stemming from the deadstick ;) I've been thinking about making a screwdriver for tuning... solder a brass tube to it that slips over the needle screw head and holds the screwdriver in position while you turn it. My DLE 35ra is not as bad vibration wise though so I have managed to tune it while running a few different times now. It would still be easier with the custom screwdriver though.

Yea I'm gonna go back to the setting I had and start from there. I put a piece of the black tubeing we use for the smoke line on the needle screw and it comes out the side of the cowl it will guide the screw driver on and hold it there.

quadracer

100cc
Yes, 1/4 turn is a huge adjustment and it was probly pretty lean. Glad I'm not hearing any negative effects stemming from the deadstick ;) I've been thinking about making a screwdriver for tuning... solder a brass tube to it that slips over the needle screw head and holds the screwdriver in position while you turn it. My DLE 35ra is not as bad vibration wise though so I have managed to tune it while running a few different times now. It would still be easier with the custom screwdriver though.

Check out your local electrical supply house; Klein makes a holding screwdriver, works very nicely for such an application. Although, with the engine running, the vibes would make it tough to operate.

Picked up my 89 on Sunday morning, Happy Easter to me! The bunny was good to me this year! :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364953514.481366.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364953530.405488.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364953546.829643.jpg

just got home from the field we did some field maintenance and setup our new upgraded solar charging station so i didn't get to fly much but i was able to squeeze in 2 flights on the 89. i tweaked the needles a hair and wow what a difference last time out i couldn't stay on the high needle and ran out of time so i left it. today i leaned the high needle and it was night and day rpms went from 6400 to 7300 on the ground, no dead stick today. the power was awesome and smooth and it idles like a dream. some of the club guys couldn't believe the motor only had 4 tanks of gas threw it. they said it sounded like it was a well broken in motor. sorry no video i forgot my camera next time out i will video it. just a note as far as gas consumption i flew for 8 mins and used only 2/3 of 17 oz's and it was very little slow flying mostly big sky stuff 5 mistakes high

xraydoc

New to GSN!
Anyone happen to have a spare landing gear fot 89 they want to sell/
3DHS is out of stock for a while.

Thanks

quadracer

100cc
GraphtechRC makes them, but I tried for two weeks to get ahold of them with no success. I ended up ordering a gear from Aerobeez, they have one with the exact measurements. I don't particularly care to buy from them, but I didn't trust the gear that was on mine.....

TNT has aluminum landing gears for the 89, the plane dosen't look as cool as with the carbon but the aluminum gear does the job very well, it might be better than carbon. I have one and I'm not going back to carbon.

Some weight penalty but if funtions very well on all terrains.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgluck

100cc
TNT has aluminum landing gears for the 89, the plane dosen't look as cool as with the carbon but the aluminum gear does the job very well, it might be better than carbon. I have one and I'm not going back to carbon.

Some weight penalty but if funtions very well on all terrains.

What's the website? Do you know if they carry anything for the 72? Got a buddy that needs a set ;-)