• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

aronph

70cc twin V2
I'll type tomorow when I have a real computer...somebody post somethin so this comes up on my "new post list"

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Cheezballs you are gonna be alright. I sure hope you find a way to get flying again soon.

aronph

70cc twin V2
was the damage from the wing falling out of the sky, or do you think the damage was was resulting from the wing failure?

I'm not sure what you mean. When we walked up to the plane the insides of both wings around the wingtube was damaged bad but I would say that was from the ground. One of the wingbolts was sheared off and still in the wing and the other was still intact still holding a piece of ply to the side of the fuze. I suspect that the wing that failed in the air was the one that seperated. NOT the wingbolt shearing in the air. But I have started designing a wing retention system. One of the guys that I fly with locally has a blue 87 and if I go to that all the stuff I have will just transfer easy, but the wing retention deal will be able to be applied to any airframe. So far the idea is to make the thin SFG spacers that go in between the wingtip and the SFG out of aluminum. Drill/tap a hole, add bolt to inside. Attach pull/pull cable to bolt. Run cable thru wing to inside of fuze. Do the same on the other wing. Crimp loops in the cables in the center of fuze. Add spring to pull wings together. I think I will also need some kinda spacer so the spring/cables dont crush the fuze. So the "WRS" will be pulling the wings in against a spacer that holds the wings to the fuze without squeezing the fuze in. Go ahead, laugh now. "WRS" will work :D

Av8r RC

50cc
Damn that sucks.

Were you using the nylon bolts? I don't trust a single nylon bolt to hold a wing on a plane of any size.

aronph

70cc twin V2
the cowl needs the plywood ring re epoxied and the blind nuts replaced. Not sure about the wing. Its still in the truck. The wingtube survived also