• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

SnowDog

What did he have to do to get it to balance? I had problems with my first Velox on the Mintor 22 with a 3 servo tail.

Tim has the DLE-30 on the front...he did have to add some weight to the tail to get it to balance, but it didn't look like very much.

Here's a video of him flying it:

[video=youtube;GxNRoJ59oFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GxNRoJ59oFI[/video]

hosam

70cc twin V2
in this video the guy is running a Syssa 30 and he mounts the battery sits under the turtle deck about midway. I plan to follow the same routine...

Manta

70cc twin V2
I am pretty much strictly motrolfly (DUH) but I wont slam the scorpions or hackers, etc. I will say hackers and scorps gen run hotter than motrolfly. The scorps have been very overpriced for a while now. Warranty not that great as you will be told you are overrunning the motor. Bla bla. Torques and Motrolfly I think are the go to motors for our applications and Hacker gets the nod for the big motors, only because this jewel of a motrolfly hasnt hit the market yet.
But just my opinion on the motor gig. Eflight actually builds a decent motor too and I think they do well on the big motors too.
For me and my planes, if can have a motrolfly it will get a motrolfly because none listed beats the service.

I flew mine some more today. I am always feeling it needs more power on the 20-22cc motors. I am going to convert it to electric. Only need to buy a motor. It will either be a Hacker A50-16S V3 or a Motrolfly. 4320-400 I think is the one I will look at.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I flew mine some more today. I am always feeling it needs more power on the 20-22cc motors. I am going to convert it to electric. Only need to buy a motor. It will either be a Hacker A50-16S V3 or a Motrolfly. 4320-400 I think is the one I will look at.

Matt, if you choose the motrolfly, I highly recommend the 4325.
http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?830-3DHS-70-quot-Velox&p=15421#post15421

That is what I had on mine before it went gas and then to JKim.
AWESOME power :)

I had a 4325-310 in 2 planes on 8s 2 years ago. I can probably get the motor back as the airplane was crashed last weekend and the airframe has been given to Patrick for a rebuild as a gasser. I think 8s is too much weight and hastle on this plane.

I think I would use my 6s 5300s on that motor and if I went with the 4320 or the A50 V3 I would use the 4000s and fly it light.

Since it is already setup as a gasser I will probably leave the Wolverine and 2s lipo setup in it, rather than hook up the BEC pro, but we shall see what mood I am in as I have a ICE 100 and the BEC pro sitting in the parts bin.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I had a 4325-310 in 2 planes on 8s 2 years ago. I can probably get the motor back as the airplane was crashed last weekend and the airframe has been given to Patrick for a rebuild as a gasser. I think 8s is too much weight and hastle on this plane.

I think I would use my 6s 5300s on that motor and if I went with the 4320 or the A50 V3 I would use the 4000s and fly it light.

Since it is already setup as a gasser I will probably leave the Wolverine and 2s lipo setup in it, rather than hook up the BEC pro, but we shall see what mood I am in as I have a ICE 100 and the BEC pro sitting in the parts bin.

If you get that motor back, send it to Ken for a checkup and rewind. He can covert to a 6s wind for you for a very small fee. Bottom line, IMHO, the 4320 size is a little small for the power I know you like.

-G

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i have the 4320 in my plane, and it is adequate power. i like it and think it is perfect....but if you like massive power, its not for you. i weighed my velox and it is just over 9 lbs with the 4320 and 6s5300 packs. i would be a bit worried adding even more weight...i want to make it lighter to be honest

My gasser Velox was right at 9lbs with the Mintor 22. It is slightly heavier with the GT22 on it and it is around 14 lbs of thrust. With the electric setup I could do a 19x8 Xoar and maybe get the weight below 9 lbs with the Hacker as it is the lightest setup of the bunch. I will mull over it for the next few days as other projects are in the way.

robj

70cc twin V2

Agree on the 8s, I had a 4325 and a pair of 4000 touching the wing tube. Plenty of power but I felt it was heavy though I never weighed it. Everything else I have is 8s and in the end I sold it at the FLI.