• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Engine seems tuned perfectly. Bowman ring. Lil over a gallon of klotz super tech 32:1 thru it. That video I flew 13 mins. Had half a tank left on 12oz fortitude. Dual rx batts give me about 9-10 flights before recharge.

wade

50cc
Need your opinion guys. Is this poor velox worth resurrecting. Wings and wing tube were not damaged. I'm looking at what all comes in the motorbox kit, it looks like I would still need to add a little bit to it. I've never attempted a repair this severe.
IMG_2562.JPGIMG_2563.JPGIMG_2564.JPG

mazjag

50cc
I would say that is a total..I`ll fix them if the wing tube is still intact..unless you have all the small parts to piece that back together forget about it. I have put two kits on my 51" slick and still flys exactly the same, but my wing tube wasn`t missing...order a fuse..my 2 cents..

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks like a candidate for a fuse kit if your not cool figuring out the sides on your own. The motorbox kit won't have any of that stuff.

wade

50cc
I have all of the pieces that were found with the plane. I had considered getting a fuse kit, but it doesn't look like 3dhs has them offered on the website. If they did, they would probably be out of stock just like everything else. I will try and contact them and see what they say

Dwayne

New to GSN!
Lost my Velox yesterday when the canopy came off, batteries exited due to negative g's and straight into the ground. 2nd time for the canopy failure but as it would happen I was flying level instead of doing a reverse Immelman. I had it taped together too. Bad design, should have been screwed down. I'm not the first and probably won't be the last. Be forewarned!! Supposed to have been fixed on 2nd shipment but wasn't. My bad.

Dwayne:facepalm: