• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Gary,
Looks great- let us know how the maiden goes. I finished mine Sunday night and did a maiden on Monday morning. It flew very well for the first battery pack. Mine is set up for 3300 4s and a 16x8.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Bad 2nd Flight

2012-12-24 09.53.25.jpg

2012-12-24 09.53.39.jpg

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Me neither; not sure. I put full elevator in to begin a parachute (pretty slow speed)- and the plane rotated, then the wings folded. You can see what happened after that.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Me neither; not sure. I put full elevator in to begin a parachute (pretty slow speed)- and the plane rotated, then the wings folded. You can see what happened after that.

Geez... we need to figure out what happened, that doesn't sound normal. Could there have been a flaw in the CF tube?

Planning to maiden mine tomorrow with the new leopard motor, now I'm scared!

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I'm sure mine was a one-off; I'm sure yours will be fine. There are many of these flying without any problems- and were flown much more aggressively than I flew this in the 2 flights.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm sure mine was a one-off; I'm sure yours will be fine. There are many of these flying without any problems- and were flown much more aggressively than I flew this in the 2 flights.

Fair enough... I'm sure mine will be fine too. Back to yours... an elevator shouldn't snap the wing tube, especially on 4s...are you sure the wings folded in flight?

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Yes. The pictures tell the story, really. The wing tube broke in the middle; folded up like a swan, then down it came.

weaser42

30cc
Something wrong out of the gate for that to happen for sure. Mine on 6S 4315 has insane power and it handles anything I can throw at it. Full power tumbles are just silly.