• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

njswede

150cc
Well there you go! I think we all got the impression that they had closed the case. But that doesn't seem to be what happened. Best of luck to you and let us know if you find out anything interesting. I have a 58" Edge sitting here waiting for batteries and good weather, so I'd be interested in knowing if there are any "gotchas".

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys,
I'm almost sorry to have even mentioned this. At this point, I'm waiting on a call from Noll to discuss the event, as I'm not sure he has been involved with this. 3DHS has always been fair to me in the past- since I first started purchasing planes there back in the spring of 2010. The planes have been great, and customer service has kept me loyal.

I hope to hear from Noll soon.

Don't be sorry Mark. Stuff happens, and you had a major plane crash. I'd want to talk about it with people as well. And unlike elsewhere, the members here seem to be pretty good at remaining level headed and objective.

hosam

70cc twin V2
I too was reluctant to talk about it as it is a matter between Mark and 3DHS, they have been more then fair to me when things happened and we worked it out for the best on both parties... 3DHS customer service is par none...

Good luck Mark...

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
The only real disappointment is the lack of a phone call. Every time I called in the past- or sent a pm, I was able to speak with someone. For some reason this time, it has been very quiet. That said, I am still waiting to speak with Noll.

...and thanks hosam. :)

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Ok, I hope things do work out.. When you said "but was told there was nothing they (3DHS) could do" I assumed they had got back to you but with a negative response.

Let us know how it works out. Funnily enough when I got a 51" Slick recently I was quite concerned when i found that the wing tube was much lighter in weight and more flexible that the tubes in other similar size models, and it was lighter than the tubes used on older Slicks too. Anyway other than the wings flexing slightly it's stood up perfectly ok in flight, so far.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Sorry to confuse- I did receive an email- reporting exactly what you captured. I wasn't convinced this had been dealt with appropriately, so I asked to speak to Noll. There is more to this story- and without the benefit of a conversation, this is easily dismissed. If I allowed that, I would have the single most frustrating experience since I started into R/C. I think 3DHS is better than that, and Noll's reputation is stronger than that, so i thought I would wait patiently for a phone call after I sent him a PM. I didn't ask for anything but a phone call.

horton

50cc
Fair enough, we will drag this into a public forum... what has not been mentioned is that this airframe was sold as a garage sale item, as is. The original winner of the 58" Edge received the airframe and sold it to Luv3D. The airframe is shipped to Luv3D and arrives damaged. I was then contacted about a replacement, and we said no feeling we were not responsible for shipping damage that occurred from the original winner to Luv3D.

I am sorry to see the crash of the 58" Edge, but it is unreasonable to expect 3DHS to replace this airframe.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I'll post more later- and apologies if I misled here somehow- but I don't think I did (nor did I intend) to ask for a replacement. I just sent a note stating the facts and asked for a phone call.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Mark, since you and Noll are communicating about this, and it's definitely a private matter at this point, why don't we just leave the issue between you and 3dhs, and change gears back to discussing the 58" Edge?

Speaking of which, I made a little change on mine. Since I had some spares laying around, I used double ball links on mine instead of the single ball and set screw setup included with the airplane. Anyone else do this on theirs?

-G

njswede

150cc
I just need to stop by the LHS and get some screws for the motor mount and some servo lead extensions and she'll be ready. And weather for Saturday looks good. :tomcruise:

And its yellow, meaning even more awesomeness!