• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D printer from Dremel

SleepyC

150cc
With 3D printers I can tell you this, unlike say a 7 ch radio, you outgrow the cheap ones quickly.
Once you make something a few times that is OK, you will start to get "into it" and that's when you hit the limitations of the cheaper printers.
Dremel and other places know 90% of people will buy printers and make a chain, or a zombie head or maybe, MAYBE a cup for pencils, get bored and shelf the thing. BUT I know (as well as deep down you know as well) a hobbies will use it and think.. Hmmm I can make receiver holders, antenna mounts, camera mounts, servo trays, cowl joiners, pilot heads, etc etc etc.. and that cheap printer is gonna REALLY feel cheap... SO.. your going to upgrade, and now that $1000 savings turned into a $5- $1000 waste.

Just saying.

SleepyC

150cc
Sleepy have you ever seen a rostock max? How do they stack up?

I had not and looked it up, that's a different kind of printer and I know we have a prototype that looks like that in some ways. I think they are designed to do larger prints in a different way. I would ask what bearings they use, what kind of rails and such. The integrity of the parts matter.