• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D printer from Dremel

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I saw this today and thought it was pretty cool.

Feature2_FullyEnclosed.png

https://3dprinter.dremel.com/

Spats

100cc
Sleepy, can you clarify a bit. I only ask because for just under a grand it looks appealing to a hobbyist. Are you saying for commercial use or is it just all out crap?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

150cc
Sleepy, can you clarify a bit. I only ask because for just under a grand it looks appealing to a hobbyist. Are you saying for commercial use or is it just all out crap?

Thanks

The axis's are not made of a solid material allowing flex and that will cause you issues. MG had our PRINTER running next to a maker bot and the cube for 2 days at an expo. ALL the other printers broke down multiple times during the 2 days, MG did not. MG is a hobby printer, but can be commercial. (We actually print parts for our printers with our printers)

The joke about the MakerGear M2 is that it's everyone's second printer. One you get your starter printer and get frustrated you buy ours.

Let me put it this way, MadMax (OG FG developer) was looking at 3D printers and did research and bought ours. It's seriously that good.

There are so many things that can not be cheap on a 3D printer if you want a reliable unit. We inspect all of our rails to 1/1000. If it's any more out that that it get's reworked... I bet you those other printers axis's are only checked to a 1/16" .... thats how inaccurate they can be

Last edited:

Spats

100cc
It's crap. The axis's are not made of a solid material allowing flex and that will cause you issues. We had our running next to a maker bot and the cube and this Dremel unit for 2 days at an expo. ALL the other printers broke down multiple times during the 2 days, ours did not. Ours is a hobby printer, but can be commercial. (We actually print parts for our printers with our printers)

The joke about the MakerGear M2 is that it's everyone's second printer. One you get your starter printer and get frustrated you buy ours.

Let me put it this way, MadMax (OG FG developer) was looking at 3D printers and did research and bought ours. It's seriously that good.

There are so many things that can not be cheap on a 3D printer if you want a reliable unit. We inspect all of our rails to 1/1000. If it's any more out that that it get's reworked... I bet you those other printers axis's are only checked to a 1/16" .... thats how inaccurate they can be

Thank you for the details. That's what I was looking for. I hoping to make the investment sometime this next year.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Okay Sleepy. We need a "primer" on 3D printers. Maybe a new "sticky" thread. What to look for, what to avoid, features, software, hardware, etc. As an example the 0.001" tolerance on the rails.........that's good to know and makes perfect sense.

There may be some GSN members that could be purchasing their first printer in 2015. I'd rather spend $2K once than $1K several times and still not get a reliable unit.

Maybe this thread could become something like the "Glassing and Painting" thread..........really helpful.