• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Concur. Omega 130 = tail for rudder

When I few my 47" SHP I used the O-130 with a pull-pull with no balance problems. With that said I would have rather used the servo in the tail. That's one thing I really like about my EF planes rudder in the tail.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Ok, whats the setup that gets rid of the wing rock? It wing rocks in elevators right now. Cg seems to be a little finicky. I have it pretty good now. I have not sealed the ailerons yet. I did set up a throttle curve of 0% 15% 30% 60% 100%. It feels better but a little weird still. Going to play with it more tomorrow. It is a little squirrely at low speed. Love it for medium and high speed stuff right now. I just need to dial the low speed feel. Man will this thing tumble and spin!

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I sometimes get a little bit of wing rock during transitions to a (upright) harrier, but once it's in it's fine. How much elevator throw do you have?

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I think that is my problem. I just measured it at about 30 deg. I am going on a mission to see about a longer servo arm. This servo came out of my F5B sailplane. So the arm is obviously too short. I need to increase the angle of attack with more elevator. I have never had this little elevator available on a 3d plane! No wonder I am having slow speed issues. I cut my hand at work thursday. So I am actually off work and flying all day!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Ok, whats the setup that gets rid of the wing rock? It wing rocks in elevators right now. Cg seems to be a little finicky. I have it pretty good now. I have not sealed the ailerons yet. I did set up a throttle curve of 0% 15% 30% 60% 100%. It feels better but a little weird still. Going to play with it more tomorrow. It is a little squirrely at low speed. Love it for medium and high speed stuff right now. I just need to dial the low speed feel. Man will this thing tumble and spin!

Just trust the wing rock and don't chase it as that plane will always have it but it does self correct. Doc Austin told me that and was so right. That squirrely low speed flying is why I eventually replaced mine. Went to a 60" Extreme Flight Edge 540 and it is rock solid in slow flight.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I am confused. Some say it is so stable others (like me) get wing rock? Makes me think its a setup issue? Might have to make some SFG's. I am not ready to give up just yet.