• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I wasn't even going to ask the question. Glad I did. I had no idea about the EF spinner. Actually, 3DHS sells EF spinners. So the color might be pretty close on the red. After looking at my cowl again, yellow might work if I can find the right color of yellow.

I might just fly it with a Xoar prop w/no spinner this year and get a carbon fiber prop and spinner next year when I'm sure what size prop this 35 needs. I didn't see any recommendation in the DLE book. On forums, I am seeing 20x8.

I ran Falcon 20x7 CF last year with the pipe and it screams. Going to try a 20x8 Xion this month. Trying to get a little better low end "band" for low n slow. Will be better in the mid to high for IMAC too.

@lovesxtra runs a 19x8 carbon on his. Mejzlik or Falcon, your choice. You can use a 18x8 for break in.

20x7 is too much without the pipe, especially for the energy loving Velox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abrams

50cc
I thought 20x8 was a bit much. Thanks. I'll drop that back. I'll probably still use a Xoar until I've got some time on this plane.

This may sound a little paranoid, but I nosed over my plane a couple of time last year because the grass on the field got caught on the wheel pants. I've gotten so annoyed with wheel pants that I've stopped using them at all. Anyway, I'm going to be a little over cautious this year until I've got some time in.

3dNater

I ran a 20x8 on mine (no pipe) and it was ok but definitely missed the top end speed. It is nice for low and slow because the power delivery is a little smoother. I am running a 19x8 xoar right now and have great power and great speed. If you dont have an 18x8 already I would not bother. It is really not enough load IMO. You could break in on it but really need to watch rpms on downlines as it will over-rev. I broke mine in on a 19x8 and it has been a real sweetheart.

Abrams

50cc
I have not put a Bowman ring in this engine. If I put it in at all, I want to put it in before break-in.

I bought one for my DLE20, but haven't put it in yet. I really don't know if it makes a big difference. What is you mileage on the subject?

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

I have not put a Bowman ring in this engine. If I put it in at all, I want to put it in before break-in.

I bought one for my DLE20, but haven't put it in yet. I really don't know if it makes a big difference. What is you mileage on the subject?

I put it in prior to first start. When I heard that the ring and Reed valve mod would at minimum make starting and idling better and the ring would not hurt, only help it was worth the $15-20 and hour of labor (thanks to Cody's help). So for me it was a no brainer. Some wait to put the ring in but I figured get it done while new, clean and off the airframe- easier. So far I have no regrets at all. The engine has been close to flawless.

gyro

GSN Contributor
What's redline on that?
Ps received VM and will check it out. Thanks

8500... Which I understand to be a ground data limit, since most can't get airborne data.
I'm around 8100 rpm on the ground

Abrams

50cc
I put it in prior to first start. When I heard that the ring and Reed valve mod would at minimum make starting and idling better and the ring would not hurt, only help it was worth the $15-20 and hour of labor (thanks to Cody's help). So for me it was a no brainer. Some wait to put the ring in but I figured get it done while new, clean and off the airframe- easier. So far I have no regrets at all. The engine has been close to flawless.

You best break-in will always be on a freshly honed cylinder. So either I'm doing like you did or probably forget it.

I had not heard of the reed valve thing. Do you have any info?