• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

Abrams

50cc
I run 2 1800 2s or 2200 2s through a wolverine switch and ibec on my EF 78 with DLE 35 RA. No problems at all. Balances fine and it gives me redundancy. 1800s give 3-5 flights, 2200s 4-5.

I looked at that wolverine. I want to regulate my ignition, but not my servos. Will that switch allow what I want to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I looked at that wolverine. I want to regulate my ignition, but not my servos. Will that switch allow what I want to do?

As I understand it the wolverine is only "pacing" the 2 batteries. I don't think it regulates the voltage at all. The ibec will regulate you ignition voltage.

dth7

Don't over complicate this. Servo power- decide, 2s= HV, redundancy- decide- yes- 2 batts w "smart" switch or "safe" Rx (2 power inputs). Ignition I like an ibec and a Tx shutoff run with Servo power. You don't need a separate ignition batt. IM(and others)O.

Abrams

50cc
Don't over complicate this. Servo power- decide, 2s= HV, redundancy- decide- yes- 2 batts w "smart" switch or "safe" Rx (2 power inputs). Ignition I like an ibec and a Tx shutoff run with Servo power. You don't need a separate ignition batt. IM(and others)O.

So if I am reading you right, I could use one switch (Badger). Then after the switch, use a regulator to the ignition with an opto kill switch and run straight voltage to the receiver.

dth7

So if I am reading you right, I could use one switch (Badger). Then after the switch, use a regulator to the ignition with an opto kill switch and run straight voltage to the receiver.

I like the Tech aero ibec - pm me. I'm no expert on setups. I just know what myself and others up here do. It's simple, reliable and redundant with the wolverine and 2 2s 1800-2200. I don't notice a wt issue with the 2200s.
I'll leave the other setups to the rest. [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] may be able to better elaborate on this for you.

SnowDog

Yes, that is correct...use the switch to handle two batteries for input side (2S Lipo) redundancy...then a regulator (or BEC, same thing) to the ignition with the opto kill switch. The Badger and Wolverine switches come with dual input and output cables. One output would go to the regulator/opto-kill, the other output to the receiver.

Simple and effective.

Abrams

50cc
I'm not sure I care about redundant batteries. I just see a 5 amp switch as problem waiting to happen. They eventually wear out. It look like these fromeco switches are pretty durable.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm not sure I care about redundant batteries. I just see a 5 amp switch as problem waiting to happen. They eventually wear out. It look like these fromeco switches are pretty durable.

They are. The badger and wolverine are the best out there...

Seriously, let me know if I can help talk you through this... I've built a lot of planes this last year :)

PM me your number if you want me to call u

gyro

GSN Contributor
They are. The badger and wolverine are the best out there...

Seriously, let me know if I can help talk you through this... I've built a lot of planes this last year :)

PM me your number if you want me to call u

Nice talking with you today [MENTION=2236]Abrams[/MENTION], let me know if I can help further. Good luck on whichever direction you decide to go!