• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

gyro

GSN Contributor
Swing by the Velox thread, plenty of useful discussion there!

For me, the electric flies best... Mine has the DM 4325 in it... And that's plenty!

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
The Velox question usually stirs quite a bit of debate...it is a great plane, on electric and gas. For electric, the Motrofly 4330 is (I believe) the standard motor that most people recommend. For gas, most people recommend a DLE-20 but some have actually stuffed a DLE30 or even a DLE-35 into this airframe, and I think with careful attention to CG, have been able to fly it just fine.

I think the first questions to ask yourself are:

are you comfortable with 6-8 minute flight times?
if yes, then an electric config is a strong option
if you prefer longer flight times, a gasser is a better option.

this plane flies amazingly well in either configuration, it usually turns out to be what you prefer most.

This very thread was started to answer just that question. ;)

4330 is a whole lotta motor for the velox, 4325 is already a bit overkill

Abrams

50cc
A Little Upate (Pics)

The plane is coming along slowly, but nicely. I was sick all last week and lots of little league baseball. Still not 100% and games start tonight. I'm not sure when I will get to fly this little beasty. Good news is I did get some work done on it last night.

Cowl is on. I LIKE it!

cowl 1.jpeg

cowl 2.jpeg

Attachments

• cowl 1.jpeg
    cowl 1.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 257
  • cowl 2.jpeg
    cowl 2.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 231
I would upgrade the hinges to the bigger robarts if I have not said that already. This tail is going to get a lot of force on it with that beastie.

Abrams

50cc
Spinner or no spinner?

I really don't want to add more weight than I have to on the front of the plane, so I was looking at a plastic spinner or maybe carbon fiber. In plastic, only black or white match. I don't think either one would look right. Aluminum would look sharp, but too heavy. The plane on the 3DHS has no spinner. I'm leaning that way, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Trying to get everything in but the battery and see how it's going to balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I really don't want to add more weight than I have to on the front of the plane, so I was looking at a plastic spinner or maybe carbon fiber. In plastic, only black or white match. I don't think either one would look right. Aluminum would look sharp, but too heavy. The plane on the 3DHS has no spinner. I'm leaning that way, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Trying to get everything in but the battery and see how it's going to balance.

EF makes some good plastic spinners for this size plane.

I just went through this with my electric sbach. The included pilot-RC carbon spinner with the bolt was lighter than the EF electric 3" spinner I had on it. Look at chief's site and see if there is a red painted pilot one available. I would call them to make sure they actually have it in stock. They are very bad about that.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just went through this with my electric sbach. The included pilot-RC carbon spinner with the bolt was lighter than the EF electric 3" spinner I had on it. Look at chief's site and see if there is a red painted pilot one available. I would call them to make sure they actually have it in stock. They are very bad about that.

Understatement.

Abrams

50cc
I wasn't even going to ask the question. Glad I did. I had no idea about the EF spinner. Actually, 3DHS sells EF spinners. So the color might be pretty close on the red. After looking at my cowl again, yellow might work if I can find the right color of yellow.

I might just fly it with a Xoar prop w/no spinner this year and get a carbon fiber prop and spinner next year when I'm sure what size prop this 35 needs. I didn't see any recommendation in the DLE book. On forums, I am seeing 20x8.

Last edited by a moderator: