• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

35% or larger?

camss69

70cc twin V2
Great info, I am very comfortable flying anything and also I like the larger airframe. I am looking at an Extreme Flight 42% Extra 300. Its used which would be cheaper than a new airframe and it will be a while to outfit it to have exactly what I want. Thanks for all the info. Yes the Yak55 That Taildragger has for sale was on my list but too far away.

I'm a huge EF fan but I would stay away from the 42% Extra unless you're strictly looking to do imac. Especially if it's an early version with the pocket hinges. I had one and even did a build thread on it and IMO it couldn't 3D to save its life. Snap and roll start/stops were mushy, rolls were slow, all control authority went away at low air speeds.. The newer version with the conventional hinges is probably a lot better but I have no experience with it.

The 35% EF Extra 300 is a fricken rock star though...best EF plane/35% plane I've ever had. Sounds like you found your deal with that 37% yak and DLE anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 232

Hazmat1

30cc
Leelee,
How are you? I used to have an EF42% extra. The are awesome imac planes. They will 3-d, just depends who is at the controls.
For low and slow 3-d, you cant beat a yak or edge.

Jerod