• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

35% or larger?

doublea

100cc
I have a QQ Python that I am flying right now with a DA85 on RE3 and love it but I want to go back to a mono plane. Should I get an Extreme Flight or something similar for the DA85 or move up to the 150-170 range. Never owned anything larger than the EF 110" Yak and it was awesome but is there an advantage of going larger? I do not fly IMAC or extreme 3D but working up to it. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Let me know when you sell it. Is it the kimball scheme? Or the qq scheme? Man I miss mine. To answer that question about bigger I would agree that it flies better but I think that you can do everything you need to with a 35center. Just my two cents. Also I think a lot of it is jus having the bigger plane. I owned a 40center and I enjoyed it but I am happier transporting my 35s.

doublea

100cc
If you are really interesTed I know where you can get a used 37% yak AND a dle170 for $1200. The frame is not perfect. But it will give you a idea of what to expect with the bigger.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Being I keep everything inside the house 35% is all I can handle and it still takes me a day in advance to get it loaded. But ya got da love dem big boyz.

Mikeq

150cc
Being I keep everything inside the house 35% is all I can handle.

Dang Dimes...buy a bigger house....
yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Being I keep everything inside the house 35% is all I can handle and it still takes me a day in advance to get it loaded. But ya got da love dem big boyz.
Sliding glass doors are awesome for entr
Love the sliding door in my kitchen. Makes it easy for entrance and exit for said "LARGE" scale planes. Go big or go home...lol

LeeLee

50cc
If you are really interesTed I know where you can get a used 37% yak AND a dle170 for $1200. The frame is not perfect. But it will give you a idea of what to expect with the bigger.
I am interested, get up with me and we can talk. maybe work something out with the Python and it is the Kimball Scheme. 9107404342