Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Pistolera, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Finally finished the last paint job before getting back to MY plane!

This is a newly built Godfrey. Paint is KlassKote, which was a learning experience for me. came out fine but really don't care to shoot it again.
    20190605_145911.jpg 20190605_145927.jpg 20190605_144857.jpg 20190605_115607.jpg

2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Looks really nice my favourite colours orange, blue and white. And yes I have heard that klasskote is not easy to work with.

Bartman, 49dimes, Pistolera and 2 others like this.
  3. Very nice Earle. Mikey like.

Bartman, 49dimes, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Pistolera

Thanks!

Got my servos for the Krill. The Futaba's go on the ailerons and rudder (1 each at 1027 oz/in). Savox on elevators (486 oz/in).

That outta do the job!...LOL
    20190613_110055.jpg

Bartman, 49dimes, WMcNabb and 3 others like this.
  5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Well Earle it's good to see you haven't put the "brakes" on the Krill too hard :concern: (pun there somewhere :confused:). The Godfrey does look good though :attaboy:.

6. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

Very nice work. Now get back to your plane!

Pistolera and Bartman like this.
  7. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

so Earle, let me ask you a question because you obviously know what you're doing, is that straight out of the can or has it been sanded and buffed?

holy moly it's some good looking paint work!

Pistolera likes this.
  8. Pistolera

Hey Bart...it's epoxy paint , mixed 1 to 1...color to catalyst, then reduced to thin for spraying. Using their gloss catalyst it's doesn't need clear coated. This has not been buffed.

I much prefer auto base/color systems though. Far easier to work with....and faster.

Jetpainter and 49dimes like this.
  9. Pistolera

Not much to show on the Krill lately...:(

A friend cut my paint masks for the Castrol Aviator lettering and logos, etc. Some tiny bits of primer touch-ups needed here and there, and then COLOR!!! (Yeah....I know, promises, promises...)

Jetpainter likes this.
  10. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Here are drum brakes for my Dalotel

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.