• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30cc and 60cc airframes

3dcarter

50cc
I'm considering that. Another option is a DA70. Looking at the EF 88" Edge. Really like the plane but the only down fall for me is that it doesn't have a removable rudder. The removable rudder on the 3DHS 92" Edge and the Pilot 30% Edge are a big plus for me. I need the rudder to be removable for transportation reasons.
Are you considering anything other than an edge?

Are you considering anything other than an edge?

I really like the edges for some reason so thats what I'm sticking with. Plan is that I'll build a balsa version 30% edge to have as a warm-up plane then fly my pride and joy 2.3m (91") Edge 540. At leaset that's my plan right now! I do like the Extra's and Yak54's also.

I have the 88 EF Edge and flew it all last season. I have a 92 waiting to be assembled. From what I have seen and heard I would pick the 92 if you are set on a Edge. The pilot would be my second choice for a light setup. I have not just not synced as much as I would like with my 88.

Well after going back and forth on trying to sell my 74" Edge and getting a 30% size plane I've finally decided I just need to keep the 74" edge, install the 40cc twin and fly it for at least this season. I've realized I get ahead of myself wanting to go bigger before I've even become proficient at flying a 30cc size plane. My whole purpose for getting the used 74" edge was to have a plane I can get comfortable with flying a gasser. I still have my 2.3m CARF I'm building that will be running a DA70. Hopefully I'll be ready to fly the CARF this season.

SnowDog

I think that's a good choice...I flew 30cc planes for most of last year and when I got a 50cc plane it was a natural progression.

Sounds like a personally choice really. Today's 30cc planes are so much better than they were 5 years ago. I personally like 60cc and above. But I'd say whatever makes you the most comfortable is the best choice!

Well I'm still questioning if I should keep the 74" Edge or just buy a 60cc size airframe. Reason being is when I flew my 74" Edge for the first time I thought to myself...wow that was easy. I guess all my sim time and flying my foamies and 48" planes has paid off. I'm thinking the 40cc twin powered 74" Edge will be cool but I think I'll just be wanting a 60cc size practice plane to fly before I fly my pride and joy CARF 2.3m Edge.