• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Currently, I have no experience with Life, or Lion batteries. Everything I have are Lipos and don't mind needing to take out batteries. I know Lion are in phones and such but have no idea what the LiFe batteries are.

Chris, that was a very noticeable difference for sure!!! I am running a HV setup in my 700 size heli and that simplicity and power are great.

As for the switch, I will definitely get one that isolates the battery when it is off.

I was planning to go pretty cheap on my throttle servo, so thanks for that input:) and I will also look into the optical kill switch.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Made progress by building my new work table. It ended up being about 100 bucks total. 80x30 hollow core doors.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Thanks @rcpilot82 The laser cut parts look amazing! Even putting the names of all the pieces on them as well. That will make life much easier!

I finished my P-47 radio setup tonight so tomorrow I will start going through the plans to get a shopping list ready for the rest of the wood I will be needing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 418
Thanks @rcpilot82 The laser cut parts look amazing! Even putting the names of all the pieces on them as well. That will make life much easier!

I finished my P-47 radio setup tonight so tomorrow I will start going through the plans to get a shopping list ready for the rest of the wood I will be needing.

Glad to hear you are happy. I try and label everything I can so you can spend more time building and less time trying to figure out what goes where.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I looked over the plans last night and this morning to figure out the rest of the wood needed for this short kit. This list is what is needed plus a slight amount of extra. I will keep this post updated with required pieces if I need more.

450" of 1/4" square balsa
732" of 3/8" square balsa
60" of 3/16 square balsa
1" x 4" of 1/16" plywood
20" x 1" of 1/8" plywood
8" of 1/2" tri stock
8" of 1/2" tri stock
2" of 1/4" tri stock
12" of 3/8" dowel
3/32" sheeting: 6 of 3"x30", 4 of 3"x36"
1/16" sheeting: 8 of 3"x30", 17 of 4"x30"
1/8" sheeting: 2 of 3"x36"