• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I am currently on a work trip but was able to order the wing and stab tubes along with the landing gear and a couple other odds and ends needed. This is the weekend the build should start! Sorry for the delays... more to myself than to all of you:)

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I can finally say the build is under way!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 498

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
The bottom main stringers have a 5 degree bend somewhat close to the front. I am using about a 20 degree overlap for extensions, so for the 5 degree bend in the stringer, I just cut the front piece 5 degrees closer to 90 to get the angle needed.

I found out that I need to do a bit of sanding on the tank floor and motor box top to make them fit properly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 450
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 508
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 515

BalsaDust

Better to sand a little to get it to fit than it being to small. Looks good brotha and glad you finally got it under way.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
@cbarnes0061 True story. Much easier to sand to shape. Sure glad I have those handy, dandy sanding blocks!

I am going to stop and get more clips today. My stash of 6 tiny clips and 2 clips of bigger sizes isn't going to cover it!!