• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Back to building! I put the 2nd half long stringers directly on top of the other half and pinned them together. Then I input the vertical pieces and matched them exactly to the other half. Should be perfect halves.

**** It is extremely important to get the diagonal side pieces on front of F-9 exact!! The front bolt plates need to fit near perfect for good alignment of the horizontal stabilizer! I went into it not realizing until I went to out those pieces in. I was extremely lucky to not have to redo it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Here is a dry run of putting the motor box together after everything was straightened out. It fits together much easier! Not exactly sure what the square spots are for in the first pic on the back side of the f-2 former below the tank floor yet... The plans don't show any stringers that run in those particular areas...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Have you made an engine choice yet so you can install the motor plate so you can properly align the cowl that wont fit? lol

Sorry......"Been there done that" myself!

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I wish I had more small slider clamps. If I did, I would glue the motor box in one shot. Instead, this is just the motor box sides being glued to F-1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 243

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
You can get the cheap clamps at Harbor Freight, they have them on sale monthly. No need to spend $10+ per clamp for the big name ones, the cheap ones do the same exact job for 1/3 of the price. I pick up a couple of them every time I'm in there and have over 50 clamps of various styles. I use them side by side with the expensive clamps, you can't tell the difference and they hold up to me using them every day.

BalsaDust

Yup harbor frieght clamps are great. I have broken the squeeze handle off of two of my 12" clamps. That being said I was really trying to get a good tight fit when I did it so I pushed them a bit to far.