• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

Looking at your numbers earlier the Pilot cowl is real close. Bet you could get Tony to send you one custom painted or just primed so you can paint it.

The measurements I got from Tony at Pilot for his 30% Edge cowl were Width=9.76", Height=10.47", Length=10.9"
Travis

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Looks like the height is the biggest problem being an inch off. With that cowl, could a person cut the bottom and form it to fit?

Looks like the height is the biggest problem being an inch off. With that cowl, could a person cut the bottom and form it to fit?

That is a good question. I almost think it may be easier if the cowl were slightly small. Then you could cut it in areas and add glass. I would think it may be difficult to cut it and try to shrink it. Just guessing here though.....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That is a good question. I almost think it may be easier if the cowl were slightly small. Then you could cut it in areas and add glass. I would think it may be difficult to cut it and try to shrink it. Just guessing here though.....

On the Pilot cowl...part of the height is including a protrusion of about 3/4" that extends below the F-1 outline. I will get a picture
in a bit.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hope this helps. I think you could make a new cowl ring from F-1 on your plans and glue to fit the pilot cowl
Photo292.jpg
Photo293.jpg

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Might be the perfect opportunity for a split cowling! Take the amount needed out of the split when you cut it. Then it will fit perfectly top and bottom, plus now you have a split cowl to make tuning and maintenance easy!

That thought had crossed my mind.

That thought had crossed my mind.

The thing is if you split it so the split line crosses the air intake openings in the front, which is where the split commonly goes, then you shorten one half or the other, you are going to deform the intakes to the point where they would probably not look right.