Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

20cc Pattern Plane for Practice

Discussion in 'IMAC>>>Aircraft, Techniques, Equipment, etc.' started by Alky6, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I've wondered about doing this as well. would a MoAssed 65 take a bigger powerplant than a 20cc?

2. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Yep, it's the Primo. There is only 1-3/4oz added to the nose, guess I build to light.

3. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    For good performance definitely need more than a 20

AKNick likes this.
  4. My Mojo 65 was ok with a DLE 20 but climb out of a hoover was dog slow. Currently running an OS GT22 with a ported WWRC pitts muffler and a Falcon carbon fiber 17x6 prop. Happy now but it is no power rocket.

Don't get me wrong I love profiles but I also love vintage pattern. I had a GP 70" revolver that was a great on rails pattern flyer with a DLE 20. Wind had no affect on the plane it was my go to windy day plane. If on rails pattern is your priority consider this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    AKNick and Alky6 like this.
  5. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

thanks for the info!

6. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

The 65 is already moassed. The mojo40 and 60 both where updated some years after initial design to have the larger surfaces thus the rename to Moass.

7. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Paul, if you like vintage pattern airplanes, Leo at Klass Kote has some very nice offerings.
    He probably has something your 20 would work in. From what I've seen of his glass work it's top notch.
    http://www.klasskotemo.com/patternplane.html

Alky6 likes this.
  8. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Whoa! Thanks Doug! I will check that out. Got some paint from Leo. Very nice guy when I talked to him on the phone.
    Thanks again!!

Jetpainter likes this.
  9. Alky6 likes this.
  10. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

thanks!