Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

20cc Pattern Plane for Practice

Discussion in 'IMAC>>>Aircraft, Techniques, Equipment, etc.' started by Alky6, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

OK. I know this may be heresy, but I have a VVRC 20cc that needs a home. Have everything to build a MOJO 65, but really thinking about a nice practice plane to work on sequences without pulling out my bigger planes. I have a .40 size Utter Chaos that really flies well, but would like a gas version. It is surprising how well these pattern planes handle the wind and fly.

So.... I have started looking at old pattern plane plans to scratch out something for the 20cc. From you guys that have flown these, what do you recommend? I was looking at the Kaos 90 plans that are 25% scaled up from the 60 Kaos. It is a 73.5" wingspan. Or the Reaction (mid wing) with a 70" wingspan? Am I way off, or in the ball park?

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-planes/pattern.html?mode=list&p=4
    Page 2 has the reaction. Page 4 has the 90 Kaos.

2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Build the MOJO 65 and have fun throwing down.

Alky6 and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. I second the Mojo with a 20cc.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      263.3 KB
      Views:
    Alky6 and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

If you build the mojo be careful with your wood selection. One guy I fly with has one that is close to 9lbs and another guy built one for his club president that was around 7-1/2lbs. At 9lbs a DLE 20 is really lacking for vertical and get out of trouble power.

5. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

alright, alright!! Mojo it is. Still interesterd in scratching out a pattern plane though.
    Thanks Chris on the heads up on the wood. Will pay close attention. I suppose a build thread would be in order?

pawnshopmike likes this.

6. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Is that the Primo60? Looks like you had to add a lot of lead to the nose. Will be mindful of that and maybe move the tail servos up a bay...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

image.jpeg Yes that looks like a primo in his picture. Here is my mojo40 (L4 look a like) and I should be picking up a Moass60 at Nash next week.

pawnshopmike and Alky6 like this.
  8. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Very very nice! The moass is a longer fuse, yes?

9. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

No the Moass stands for More Ass. Basically its a stock mojo 60 with bigger elevator and rudder.

Alky6 likes this.
  10. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

ha ha! ok. thanks!