• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The way I have done all the glitter series planes is as follows. Fully sheet top and bottom from from R1 out to R3. Then from r3-r4 go from LE to main spar. The rest of the way just go from LE to the subspar.
Just making sure we are on the same page R1 to R3 is the first rib from the fuselage. Rib 1 and 2 are glued together.

BalsaDust

Just making sure we are on the same page R1 to R3 is the first rib from the fuselage. Rib 1 and 2 are glued together.

I still consider the first two ribs as R1 that are glued together. I may have them labeled as 1 and 2 on the plans. When I say from r1 to r3 I'm referring the r3 as the rib on the plans the tube stops at.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a little progress today goat the leading edge sheeting on. Flipped the wing over and added the small balsa wedges between the shear webs and the sleeve and epoxied them in. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish the top sheeting.
E3AC565E-9AE9-4B08-B8AF-41C3CFC1D3F4.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Things are really slowing down so I apologize but I will show a couple of pictures when it is done, and end my part of the build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I will keep on building the plane really enjoying it, cannot wait to get it done and in the air I think it will be great plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@BalsaDust the access hatches in the wings, do you access from the top or bottom. I know the bottom looks better but a lot easier to work on from the top.
How much deflection do you have on the ailerons.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

@BalsaDust the access hatches in the wings, do you access from the top or bottom. I know the bottom looks better but a lot easier to work on from the top.
How much deflection do you have on the ailerons.

Hatch location is personal preference. I always put them on top for convenience. Aileron deflection I normally max out and watch how it flys. Some planes I end up backing it down on as they will start to act as air brakes and the plane will rotate slower and less violently. Same with the elevator deflection.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok cut all the bevels so that the ailerons will be able to do 50 degrees either way and see what happens.