• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1 You could try to use XBus with that new radio you got too. :cool:
Thinking about the x-bus as you have suggested great idea but if I do that I will have buy a complete set of new servos for the plane that are XBus computable. Was hoping to use all the radio gear from the Pro60 that I have, and if I don’t then I will have to buy all new radio gear for the plane, decisions, decisions?

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thinking about the x-bus as you have suggested great idea but if I do that I will have buy a complete set of new servos for the plane that are XBus computable. Was hoping to use all the radio gear from the Pro60 that I have, and if I don’t then I will have to buy all new radio gear for the plane, decisions, decisions?

Same reason I haven't used SBUS LOL. With Futaba I think you can buy a servo decoder and use any servo for SBUS. Haven't tried it, but ,maybe XBus is the same. I don't think it's really worth it for a plane this size.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Same reason I haven't used SBUS LOL. With Futaba I think you can buy a servo decoder and use any servo for SBUS. Haven't tried it, but ,maybe XBus is the same. I don't think it's really worth it for a plane this size.
You are correct the price is to high for this type of plane and I am going to fly it like I stole it because this is that type of plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a start on the wing it is all jigged together no glue. Just have to fiddle with it a little till everything is square and straight and then when I think it is so then start adding glue and keep checking.
Still have to figure out rib number one to make sure it is square and flat.

03091207-672D-438C-98F5-DCFC4C1CA8F8.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a small change on the leading edge it is glued to the ribs and then sanded to match the rib radios. Will then glue the sheeting to ribs and the leading edge all at once. Very difficult to keep 1/16 balsa flat and true.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Question on the sheeting, I was thinking of sheeting from the leading edge to the main spar for the full length of the tube, or should I just sheet up rib four which is rib before the tube ends. Just does not seem right.

BalsaDust

The way I have done all the glitter series planes is as follows. Fully sheet top and bottom from from R1 out to R3. Then from r3-r4 go from LE to main spar. The rest of the way just go from LE to the subspar.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The way I have done all the glitter series planes is as follows. Fully sheet top and bottom from from R1 out to R3. Then from r3-r4 go from LE to main spar. The rest of the way just go from LE to the subspar.
Thanks I needed that info, that made up my mind.