• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2016 Knowns & new website

Donald Snyder

New to GSN!
I am a "newbie" at IMAC. I have been practicing the Basic routine, but I want to learn the Sportsman sequence also.
I have the Aresti descriptions, but there is some nomenclature I don't understand.
Is there someplace I could see the sequence flown on the Internet??
Maneuver #3 (Stall Turn with rolls) confuses me. a roll at the top says "2x8".... does that mean two 1/8th rolls (45 degrees?)
and on the down line, it says "3/4"... again, is that three 1/4 rolls (90 degree rolls?)

and maneuver #5, is that a 1 1/4 turn spin? (450 degrees?) and the 1/4 roll is that a 90 degree roll?
same question on Maneuver #6 and #9..... "2x4" two 1/4 rolls?

What's the difference between ":3/4" roll vs. "2x4" roll??

I would sure like to see a video of a flight...

Thanks
Don

I am a "newbie" at IMAC. I have been practicing the Basic routine, but I want to learn the Sportsman sequence also.
I have the Aresti descriptions, but there is some nomenclature I don't understand.
Maneuver #3 (Stall Turn with rolls) confuses me. a roll at the top says "2x8".... does that mean two 1/8th rolls (45 degrees?)
and on the down line, it says "3/4"... again, is that three 1/4 rolls (90 degree rolls?)

and maneuver #5, is that a 1 1/4 turn spin? (450 degrees?) and the 1/4 roll is that a 90 degree roll?

Thanks
Don
Donald... Try here for the Sportsman sequence. This was done by Peter Schmidt of IMAC Sweden.

You can also look on the IMAC website under the DOWNLOADS Tab and select the TRAINING Tab....... Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a Video with an explanation of the Aresti symbols.

Wayne

Last edited:

tl3

50cc

Thanks
Don
Don, I think I can help you out, pm me your email please.
t

Donald Snyder

New to GSN!
Donald... Try here for the Sportsman sequence. This was done by Peter Schmidt of IMAC Sweden.

You can also look on the IMAC website under the DOWNLOADS Tab and select the TRAINING Tab....... Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a Video with an explanation of the Aresti symbols.

Wayne
Nice videos... just what I need to visualize the pattern
Don