• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

12S power systems ideas and options

gyro

GSN Contributor
It'll be interesting to see if the ZTW facilitates a higher rpm in addition to the higher amperage the many have observed.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
It'll be interesting to see if the ZTW facilitates a higher rpm in addition to the higher amperage the many have observed.

We would need at least 60 seconds of WOT data in order to compare apples to apples, but I'll take anything you can give me other that peak readings. I guess I can compare all peak readings too but this may end up being nothing more than comparing electrical anomalies.

Getting back to the Mejzlik data issue, I think I know what the problem is here. I sent out three props that are making their way around the country, and Tim was testing these first along with some of his own. He's been sending results as he gets them, and perhaps he mislabeled the 22x10E Mejzlik that I sent him. I thought it may be his own TH. I just emailed him to see if this is the case, so I should know soon. I would have to change the load constant to make that data viable, so anyone thinking that the motor can swing a 24x10TH Mejzlik to 6800 RPMs may be disappointed. I'll edit the post as soon as I know.

Probably not it either since the Amps are much too higher, and should be around 85A if it were the 22x10E.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim H.

50cc
38lbs... JEEZ... I need to read through the last few posts.

Here's some NASTY goodness...

IMG_8543 (Copy).JPG

gyro

GSN Contributor
We would need at least 60 seconds of WOT data in order to compare apples to apples, but I'll take anything you can give me other that peak readings. I guess I can compare all peak readings too but this may end up being nothing more than comparing electrical anomalies.

Getting back to the Mejzlik data issue, I think I know what the problem is here. I sent out three props that are making their way around the country, and Tim was testing these first along with some of his own. He's been sending results as he gets them, and perhaps he mislabeled the 22x10E Mejzlik that I sent him. I thought it may be his own TH. I just emailed him to see if this is the case, so I should know soon. I would have to change the load constant to make that data viable, so anyone thinking that the motor can swing a 24x10TH Mejzlik to 6800 RPMs may be disappointed. I'll edit the post as soon as I know.

Probably not it either since the Amps are much too higher, and should be around 85A if it were the 22x10E.

I have a 24x10TH that belongs to [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] that I haven't returned to him yet, and I'm happy to throw it on and get some rpm data, as well as my own falcon 24x10, if you think it'd be beneficial.

The 24x10TH data is what I am most interested in as I ran that on my Q80 and all my 60cc gassers as well as Hoffman's.

Gyro has my magic mejzlik prop at the moment so maybe he can get data off his GP. I think it may be too much for his wind.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 24x10TH data is what I am most interested in as I ran that on my Q80 and all my 60cc gassers as well as Hoffman's.

Gyro has my magic mejzlik prop at the moment so maybe he can get data off his GP. I think it may be too much for his wind.

The prop is off the GP now and ready to go onto the 5335. I'll get some readings this weekend.

What I can get:

Amp/voltage readings during a 60 max power run, as well as periodic rpm readings during the same run.
I'll hook up my cellphone to record the watt meter during the run, and get someone to monitor prop rpm simultaneously.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I just reviewed it and the labels are correct, so perhaps they are right. The more I looked at the comparisons to Q80 data with the 24x10TH that I have, they can easily be right. I'll wait for TimmyC to confirm but right now, I think they are correct.

I see a 175Kv in the picture, Tim H. I'm betting on the 24x12 to really shine on that wind.

Gary, anything you can get, especially since you have the 192Kv, would be great. You can get at least peak data off your Gecko, right? Meter and Tach will be perfect.

gyro

GSN Contributor
According to my label, I've got a 195kv.

Is that correct [MENTION=81]Ken Man[/MENTION]?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
The more I look at this, the more the data looks fine. The 189Kv is actually swinging the 24x10TH to the same RPM as the the Q80-8M 180Kv was. The 30C Glacier data is better than the 65C Dino, BTW. Makes sense because I had 50C Venom that would not discharge higher than 21C. Talk about imaginary numbers.

The Q80 180Kv with the 24x10TH is pulling...
35.6 pounds at 6704 RPMs
36.3 pounds at 6746 RPMs

The DM5335-189Kv with the 24x10TH is pulling...
33.1 ponnds at 6541 RPMs
36.6 pounds at 6767 RPMs

The DM5335-189Kv with the 24x10 PJN is pulling...
34.2 pounds at 6767 RPMs
34.1 pounds ar 6755 RPMs

The DM5335-189Kv with the 24B Vess gas beech is pulling...
35.4 pounds at 6826 RPMs
36.0 pounds at 6866 RPMs

The DM5335-189Kv with the 24x12 PJN is pulling...
33.5 pounds at 6323 (obvious load sag on the RPMs)
33.3 pounds at 6315

So these all look fine, no labeling issues, and unless TimmyC comes back with something different, we're good to go here.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Also consider that the 24B is more like an 11 pitch than a 10 pitch, and I have to use a 10.5 pitch in past Vess B calculations to get real measurements and calculations to align. It is also about 40g lighter than the Mejzlik.

Also, TimmyC reported 38 pounds at a little further up the timeline than where the numbers above are coming from, so I can reproduce 37.7 pounds at 6971 RPMs that makes up the average of the the 100% WOT average RPMs between row 326 and 345 in the spreadsheet. I think there are 4 samples per minute in this data, but not sure, so probably 86 seconds into the test. All the samples above start at about 100-112 seconds.

Here's the file without the RPM calibration columns:

DM5335-189 Recap 032114B.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: