• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

12S power systems ideas and options

Ken Man

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Gyro been poking me with a sharp stick to post so here goes :D

I'll try to start a thread soon as well,

Prototype 5335 is doing well with peak watts of 4900 using a 24x12. Both sets of packs were a bit tired so new Glacier 5300 35C packs are being ordered and hope to have some better data in a week.
With the packs Manta had on hand he was getting around 4700 watts and the motor never got above 129 degrees even after 4 back to back flights.
We were looking at having him send it back to be wound higher, right now is 189Kv, but I want to see if some good packs will get it to 5000 watts which was the goal.
I'm thinking this motor will handle 5200 watts and stay below 150 degrees on hot days, but I would like to test it at those watts first before declaring that.
I'm at this point also thinking that a Kv of around 200 and good packs will get it there.

I'll try to post results as soon as the new packs are tested.
Also I'm hoping to have the finished design parts before the end of the year, but can't confirm anything until they are here and accounted for.

Manta

70cc twin V2
From my boss..:cool:

Gyro been poking me with a sharp stick to post so here goes :D

I'll try to start a thread soon as well,

Prototype 5335 is doing well with peak watts of 4900 using a 24x12. Both sets of packs were a bit tired so new Glacier 5300 35C packs are being ordered and hope to have some better data in a week.
With the packs Manta had on hand he was getting around 4700 watts and the motor never got above 129 degrees even after 4 back to back flights.
We were looking at having him send it back to be wound higher, right now is 189Kv, but I want to see if some good packs will get it to 5000 watts which was the goal.
I'm thinking this motor will handle 5200 watts and stay below 150 degrees on hot days, but I would like to test it at those watts first before declaring that.
I'm at this point also thinking that a Kv of around 200 and good packs will get it there.

I'll try to post results as soon as the new packs are tested.
Also I'm hoping to have the finished design parts before the end of the year, but can't confirm anything until they are here and accounted for.

Ken Man

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Manta, I'm your friend and nothing else

thanks wedoitall, I couldn't think of anything else, my boss years ago used to call me that though and made me laugh so I used it :)

Manta

70cc twin V2
naw man you are like Bruce Springsteen of the motor world,thus,tha boss.. :)
Bro is how i see it tho.
Manta getting ready for some huckin. weather been suckin here for a cple weeks..front after front ugg.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
naw man you are like Bruce Springsteen of the motor world,thus,tha boss.. :)
Bro is how i see it tho.
Manta getting ready for some huckin. weather been suckin here for a cple weeks..front after front ugg.

....and to a lot of us Ken. You have provide joy along the years and it looks like more to come.