• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

120 or 150 for a 40% Cap?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
..unless of course a nice 35% should come along that I might decide to buy instead!

I'd have to guess the 35% would have a better shot of flying well with the 102 in it? it doesn't have to excel at 3D but nice big loops, strong uplines......yes? no?

thanks again!

Bart

thurmma

150cc
Snapasaurus;4388 wrote: Majority said 150, I had one with a DA 150, plenty of power smooth and reliable but what do I know, I am a glow pilot!!!

I am right there with you, but working hard on graduating soon :)

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Plus you can get used DA150's for substantially less than a DA120 all day everyday. And they just always run, 150's are the best motor out there, adn quite a few of them are nearing 170 power if they are broken in right and treated nice.

3D-Joy

50cc
Yeah balance would likely be the real issue

As for power, i honnestly think, while the 150 is going to be more fun, a strong 120 can do it easily up to intermediate. You can always add a good exhaust system if you are looking for more.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
3D Joy;6696 wrote: ..............a strong 120 can do it easily up to intermediate. .............

that would be more than enough for me. i really like planes that fly like planes, on the wing with some extra power for loops and verticals.

but maybe a 150 would be fun too in its own way. :shaking-hands-smile

SleepyC

150cc
OK... When I pickup my Carden cap, you can have my 150, I'll snag a 170 so mine will be way more bad ass. Can you stop your 120- 150 -120 - 150 now?!??!

;)

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Bartman;6858 wrote: that would be more than enough for me. i really like planes that fly like planes, on the wing with some extra power for loops and verticals.

but maybe a 150 would be fun too in its own way. :shaking-hands-smile

one word: LEFT STICK!! (okay, two words!)