• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

120 or 150 for a 40% Cap?

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Bartman;4207 wrote: i could maybe see doing the 150 but i don't want to be flying around at half throttle, not enough noise. :)

Bart, 150 will work but...... You are now part of the face of THE Giant Scale RC website! I always buy larger than "needed" for components, because when the airframe expires, (they all have an expiration date, we just don't know if it is 1 day, 1 month, 1 decade or more away) you will have the parts to make a bigger airframe fly. :)

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
I say the 150.

With the 120, you may have to add nose weight.

I firmly believe that if you are going to add nose weight, make it horse power.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
We had a 40% Carden Cap swapped around in our club a few times before meeting it's demise due to a 72MHZ lockout. It had a DA100 and would struggle in anything but really basic maneuvers. It also had a ton of lead weight in the nose to balance it. I would definitely go with the DA150 and if you're buying new get the 150L.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
If it is a red head 3w 120 you refer too the put out like the old 140..

If it's a modern 120cc you will add back the lead on the nose for. The weight you missed of the 150.. The old 3w 120's weight the same. Go 150. Lots cheap in the marketplace too

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
2robinhood;4258 wrote: I say the 150.

With the 120, you may have to add nose weight.

I firmly believe that if you are going to add nose weight, make it horse power.

i agree with you on that one, good point.

What altitude are you flying at? I fly at 5300 ft so having enough power is always a concern here. Lower altitudes it's not as big a deal

I do vote for the 150 though.

I've got a 157 in the swapper. Gonna dial in my airplane with that engine, so that I know that the buyer is getting an awesome engine. I have a 3W/JLE 164 (157 bottom/170 cyls/pistons) to put on a Dalton 300.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Bartman;4184 wrote: Hi Guys,

......I'm not a big 3D flyer.

We'll have to work on that..... ;-)

150 would be my choice.....super smooth, just enough power and just plain reliable bulletproof engine choice.