• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters
By the way.. now that I got it "swinging".. :)

--Is it possible/recommendable to swing a 21x8 or even 20" propeller on a 56cc motor?

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I think the warbird guys use a 22x10 on a 55cc. You could venture into a three bladed prop.... it would loose some power, but you have excess.
A 21x9 would be too small.

I think the warbird guys use a 22x10 on a 55cc. You could venture into a three bladed prop.... it would loose some power, but you have excess.
A 21x9 would be too small.

Maybe this is a little on the crazy side, but I am tempted to give these a shot... 20x14 seems to be nice to go STOL, but 21x10 may be an conservative start?

(FYI: I'll use a 2-blade 22X8 while getting used to the aircraft... this is the recommended break-in propeller as well.)

upload_2020-6-22_14-57-28.png

Wild man

70cc twin V2
What I have found when switching form a 2 blade to a three bladed prop, to achieve some where close to the same in rpm and torq, go down one in pitch and one in diameter

Wild man,
Good point, seems like all 3-blade props got a pitch at -10 or -12? if I spin a 22x8 now, the logic choose would be 21x7 right or am I mistaken here?

Wild man

70cc twin V2
When I was messing with props for my EME 60 cc I ended up changing from a 22x10 to a 12x8 three blade You can equate diameter as torque and pitch as speed you are right. Every pilot likes different values when choosing props. When doing 3D I do not use the same prop as in doing precision aerobatics, or racing