• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good , I remember the maiden on you electric 3D plane on snow and you were hanging on the propeller on the first flight, so what happened to the Timber flight when is it going to hang from the propeller. Good flying the plane looks good in the air.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the new JR/DMSS radio sorted out and will be installed into the Timber. Just have figure out how the extensions work with XBus and I will be working on the wings and installing the servos.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good , I remember the maiden on you electric 3D plane on snow and you were hanging on the propeller on the first flight, so what happened to the Timber flight when is it going to hang from the propeller. Good flying the plane looks good in the air.

Ha!! Man, an electric plane no problemo! New gas engine on a heavy plane.... yeah I’m not going to take my chances. :wink:

The Timber has hovered on low rates far above the trees at around half throttle.
I could tell it was nose heavy and the tail was all over the place ha ha. Got better as I moved everything aft and added weight to the tail.

My timer is at 11min now. Still a third of a tank left when doing scale flying with touch and goes.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent some time on the two wings everything is done extensions are made and servos ready to be installed. Once that is done the wings are done. At least I got a start.on the plane.

64671D46-C303-402E-9E82-B292BA27AC67.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice! Servos look pretty. What are they again?

My CG is close to 5” from the leading edge without fuel now.