• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice! Servos look pretty. What are they again?

My CG is close to 5” from the leading edge without fuel now.
They are new JR/DFA 8411 HV - competition series. XBUS programable.

Question Nick. Installing the servos into wing it just looks like the servo alignment with horns is not correct, too far apart.?

Thanks for the CG update nice to know when I get there some day.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Question Nick. Installing the servos into wing it just looks like the servo alignment with horns is not correct, too far apart.?

Which is why I went with the 2” arms and used the 1.75” hole. A 1.5” arm seemed to short to me as well. Just didn’t feel right to me at deflection, seemed like the servo was going to get its butt kicked.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Which is why I went with the 2” arms and used the 1.75” hole. A 1.5” arm seemed to short to me as well. Just didn’t feel right to me at deflection, seemed like the servo was going to get its butt kicked.
Looks like they screwed that setup, does not look good.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks like they screwed that setup, does not look good.

Well you can achieve 40deg with the 1.5” arm. Geometry is not that great. Plus if you want more deflection for flaps I suggest the 2” arms. It works out quite nice that way.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
How well do the flaps work full down does it really slow the plane down. How much pitch does the flaps have on the plane.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
How well do the flaps work full down does it really slow the plane down. How much pitch does the flaps have on the plane.

The flaps are very effective. Floats around to a crawl in the sky on 1/4 flaps, Full flaps are amazing at around 45-50deg (I think). Little throttle bump to maintain altitude decent rate on final works like a dream. It does balloon quite a bit requiring a down elevator stick input all the time, so mixing a little down elevator with the flaps is really nice. I'm at around 20% down elevator to flap mix.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The flaps are very effective. Floats around to a crawl in the sky on 1/4 flaps, Full flaps are amazing at around 45-50deg (I think). Little throttle bump to maintain altitude decent rate on final works like a dream. It does balloon quite a bit requiring a down elevator stick input all the time, so mixing a little down elevator with the flaps is really nice. I'm at around 20% down elevator to flap mix.
Great thanks for that.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Couldn't help but notice this thread has 10.8k views... in three months! That's like 100-150 views a day. Dang!

Weather has been terrible. Lots of rain. In a 48hr period last week we saw 5.5" of rain. Then the low pressure moved away, got clear, 26F for a couple nights... Ooofff Leaves are falling off the trees like crazy after that. Nothing but rain lately so no flying expected until maybe Sunday when the weather clears up... for ONE day. Fingers crossed!! I want to bring the Timber to a beach and goof off on some different terrain.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi @AKNick have a question looking at your black painted Tailwheel you seem to have three leaf springs in it I only received two leaf spring blades with mine. Did you add an extra one or did I get ripped off.