• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/4 Scale 148" Shrike Commander

Patto

70cc twin V2
First blood! I always cut myself a couple times. Glad I got it out of the way...
Lots of measuring while placing the formers. Once it's started, it's tough to stop though.

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_205503.jpg
    IMG_20180925_205503.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 338

Patto

70cc twin V2
Pair of 40cc twins would be awesome. I wonder if you could use the 35cc auto start on them? Going with electric or pneumatic retracts?

Yeah, I had thought about the 35's with autostarts as well. Not sure how well the starters would fit. An easy-to-start 40 twin might be the ticket.

Not sure on the retracts just yet. With Century Jet closing down my only options are Sierra and Robart. I'll have to see what they have available. Won't be cheap, that's for sure.

Patto

70cc twin V2
Lots of measuring and notching stringers to make them fit. Notice the formers are light ply instead of balsa.

Deciding on whether I'll trim the fat of FF18 in the back there. It's not glued in yet for that reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20180926_215621.jpg
    IMG_20180926_215621.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 292

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Lots of measuring and notching stringers to make them fit. Notice the formers are light ply instead of balsa.

Deciding on whether I'll trim the fat of FF18 in the back there. It's not glued in yet for that reason.
Seems kind of silly to have all that wood back there when the rest of the formers are lightened. May not help a whole lot if you open it up. But every little bit here and there will make a big difference.