• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ha! I just noticed that. Snoops, you adding a second wing?

No only one wing but I split the the ailerons in half. Do it for two reasons easy to setup with today’s servos that are so sensitive to the slightest miss alignment. And a second reason is that it adds to the flying fun and also gives me the ability to use the inboard ailerons as flaps. Just fun to play with.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No only one wing but I split the the ailerons in half. Do it for two reasons easy to setup with today’s servos that are so sensitive to the slightest miss alignment. And a second reason is that it adds to the flying fun and also gives me the ability to use the inboard ailerons as flaps. Just fun to play with.

Ah I see know. Told you I was a :confused??: person. :oops: I remember now. You said it was going to be one of your mods to the kit.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got most of it cleaned up and will start the fuselage in the fall, may do small parts or sections of the fuselage when the weather sucks that can be put together in the fall. Thinking of splitting the cowl done it twice so far. Will have to make the bolt connections and the tabs for the cowl.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is particularly nice cowl beautiful finish. Man it is hard to take a hacksaw to it but as you said for a twin it is a must.

BalsaDust

This is particularly nice cowl beautiful finish. Man it is hard to take a hacksaw to it but as you said for a twin it is a must.

Try cutting two slots in a pretty Carbon fiber Fuse for a brand new DLG for aileron pushrods to pass through. That was even more nerve racking.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it is cut no turning back now have to finish it and get all taped up and glassed on the inside. Cutting wasn’t to bad just a standard Zona saw and 5 minutes later I had two halves.

1C3CFA7F-B92D-4252-BEEF-A016BA3B459F.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok one side is epoxied I hope, the cowl is not good when cut it, it sprung open a lot. So it has been a struggle to get it back into place and shape so that the lip can epoxied in. It took a lot of weight and quit a bit of work it get into place hopefully. Just have let it sit overnight and see what turns out tomorrow morning.
D45A8E90-A5F8-4F55-B4BE-0D8026EDF525.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The second side seemed to be more difficult. I was going to take it apart and see how it looks but trying to get the other side to lay flat , it was not happening. So just flipped it over prepared the other side and laid in the Fiberglas. Then added a hole lot of weight to get it sit down flat to the workbench. Well just have weight 5 to 6 hours and see what I have and how well it will come apart. Don’t know with all that weight where all the epoxy is going seep to?.

4069207C-B713-4674-A1C4-C595A62D2A05.jpeg

Last edited: