• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@TonyHallo
Yes increased the size of tha ailerons by 1 inch. Just from reading articles on the plane in general they all like the rudder as is, they would like a little more throw therefore added a double bevel to the elevator to get more throw and that automatically add 3/8 to the elevator. But most said that the ailerons were a little lazy so added 1 inch to the full length of the ailerons and a double bevel.
Yes added extra sheeting 1 1/2 inches behind the main spar to pick the two extra spars that were added to the plane. 1/4 by 1/8 bass wood spars top and bottom and added shear webs to the new spars. The shear webs were glued to the two new spars and wing tube to tie everything together. First there are no shear webs to speak of from the root to the end of the tube and the original top spar barely touches the wing tube. This was also done because I have read that there were a couple of wing failures on the plane so I was not taking any chances. Also if look at the end of the wing tube and the area after the tube were the wing continues is not a good connection at that location the design is very weak in my opinion .

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got one of the blocks mounted into the aileron. Took a little work but it is in and fits good now just have to get the other three done. One thing I did learn if the Gorilla glue is older than 6 months get rid of it and get some new stuff.
If you look at the picture you can see how the glue has spread into the foam, that should hold pretty good.
995A193E-4AE3-49BE-9D37-F823410D2ABF.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My building skills are not to bad but my finishing and painting skills suck. Always struggle with that part and my ability match colours is just awful my daughters always shake their heads and say how did you come up with that.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Could not agree more with everyone on your building skills and what I have seen from your past planes your finish work ain't to shabby. But for a confused person I'm really :confused:o_O. Four ailerons?