• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Would you use this prop?

Hi @thurmma , I found it;

flight date: 2/28/2015
flight number # 31 on the DA 200
number of gallons thru engine = 10
Engine: DA 200 ML
Fuel / oil mix: 40:1 redline
altitude: 260 feet
ambient temperature: 35 F
prop size: Falcon 3 blade 29 x 13
air frame: DALTON 300 ML
radio system: JETI

data:
1. high temp during flight (not after landing):
RIGHT REAR CYLINDER 208.9 F
LEFT REAR CYLINDER 181.3 F
RIGHT FRONT CYLINDER 249.2 F
LEFT FRONT CYLINDER 228.1 F

2. temp range (see 1 above)
3. rpm range 1080 to 6600
4. rpm max during flight 6600
5. rpm max on the ground 5990
6. Rx voltage 7.6
7. Rx voltage minimum during flight 7.5

yep, your ZDZ is a power monster!!

I used a Falcon 3 blade prop, same dimensions as your Mejzlik 3 blade. Hard to make a comparison apples to apples, with size, when it is different manufacturer.

thurmma

150cc
Good morning Mark. Let me see some of my data, and i will get back. I think I have used several 3 blade props with mine, I can also look up the telemetry. I hear that ZDZ is a powerhouse! How is the vibration? Same as a 170?
Hey Cam,
Went out for 3 more practice rounds tonight. Vibration is no worse than a da170 that I can see. Iflew almost the whole sequence at half throttle or less :) The only times I went over that was the humpty upline and the vertical 45 with the negative snap followed by half roll. Fuel economy is not bad at all. I get done with 2 sequences and have half of the 50 oz tank left.

thurmma

150cc
1. high temp during flight (not after landing):
RIGHT REAR CYLINDER 208.9 F
LEFT REAR CYLINDER 181.3 F
RIGHT FRONT CYLINDER 249.2 F
LEFT FRONT CYLINDER 228.1 F

Cam,

Were these temps on the front or rear of the cylinders? They seem very cool if they were from the rear of the cylinders. The ZDZ, which I am VERY HAPPY with to this point, is running very consistently in the 280 to 300 range on the back side of the cylinders. Just waiting for the weather to give us a break so I can get back out and test the mixing on the Jeti. Also, spent some time on the phone with James at Esprit and learned about logic switches and how to set them up :) Shouldn't have any more flopped hammers due to lack of rudder throw and all without flipping a single switch :)

Good luck this weekend in MS! Looks like I won't see you again until your contest in July unless you just haven't registered for the Broken Arrow contest yet.