• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's on your bench?

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
18a esc 3s 1300mah battery. Can't remember motor off the top of my head as I didn't do the purchasing. Lol I can look at it after work.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Build:
72" Extra
85" Katana (already built, but will need to install servos and power system

Repair:
87" Extra throttle servo

willfly2

30cc
Working on my cub after tree-D- ing it last fall. The fuse made it through about 1/4 acre of elm trees the clip-wing was stuck 60 ft. up in one for 3 days tell the wind blew it down. Also getting my cap 232 ready, rebuilt addy-x [then smashed it beyond repair] also minor repairs to my foam yak

1364142703969.jpg1364142751999.jpg1366166811325.jpg

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Upcoming projects are my dad's 78" cub that I bought him for his bday. After that I'm finalizing everything in his giant scale staggerwing.

Then I'm repairing my IMAC plane and I'm finishing my IMAA legal Pitts foamie and I'm throwing in the repair on my buck Huck somewhere.

Then I'm building my dad's 1/4 scale cub and finishing up my classic pattern plane (not a kaos but same designer).

Busy times in my shop.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Awesome. Only thing I have laying here is a guillows 24 inch cub kit that I want to make rc. Got it started but I am clueless when it comes to building one from a kit. Horizontal stab is put together. It was a spur of the moment purchase since it was on sale a the LHS for like $10. One of those "I,ve never done that before let's give it a shot kinda things"

Really debating picking up parts for a vyper Bype over the next month or so and buying the airframe at the NJ FLI and assembling it there. I think that would be a really fun project to do while at a FLI. Will see if that happens or not. Love the way that plane looks and I have a soft spot for biplanes.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I really like my Vyper Bype! You'd have a fun time with it. I know I do.

With the kit just take your time and think about each step before proceeding. It should only be a few mods to make it RC.

willfly2

30cc
Aaeolien
On the cub I agree with Jwmav528 just trial and error don't do anything permanent until you know it will work.

3DMad5

50cc
I'm very jealous of all you people with more than one plane :p I should have a Telink 48" Extra arriving this week. I also have a quadcopter on the bench but that project has come to a temporary standstill until I manage to desolder all the pins I put in wrong on the FC