• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's on your bench?

Aerosi

30cc
I have a Top Flite .60 P-47 Kit...VERY slow progress as its been on the bench since March....I have a feeling when my kid is finally born and I take 4+ weeks off work (yes I've been saving all my vacation...zero days off all year!) I'll make some huge progress...

P47Fuse10-20.jpg

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Have an electrifly sopwith camel arriving this week for my father. Found him a great deal on a plane he has been debating getting for about 3 months. Lol. Going to assemble it all for him and just show up at the field with it over the weekend. Hand it to him and say have some fun.

I have a Top Flite .60 P-47 Kit...VERY slow progress as its been on the bench since March....I have a feeling when my kid is finally born and I take 4+ weeks off work (yes I've been saving all my vacation...zero days off all year!) I'll make some huge progress...

View attachment 2648

A new baby and a scratch built kit at the same time.
You, sir, are ambitious!
Good luck :)

Aerosi

30cc
A new baby and a scratch built kit at the same time.
You, sir, are ambitious!
Good luck :)

Ha ha...thanks! Hey...newborns are supposed to sleep 20 hrs a day right??? That's a lot of building! :D I'll make an update with what "really" happens when the little guy arrives!

BTW...After my big holiday purchase (new tx), I plan on saving up for a 50cc set up...I'm digging the slicks and the sbachs you've got :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveT.

100cc
Byper on the bench!! Would done, but need a 2" spinner, and I went flying today....got some time on my 89" Slick, and new 70" Velox both flying great!!

SteveT

On the bench now:

Builds:
59" Orange Slick (replacement):rolleyes:
Diablo foamie
Mojo 40 kit
Lil' Ripper foamie
Millenium Master (Tx-R plane I stumbled across)

Repair:
GP Big Stick 60 (needs complete nose rebuild)
Nexstar (converting to tail dragger and reparing wing, going to build flat)(just because it's there) :eek:
59" Slick (maybe, entire nose needs rebult all the way back to the wing tube)

Ha ha...thanks! Hey...newborns are supposed to sleep 20 hrs a day right??? That's a lot of building! :D I'll make an update with what "really" happens when the little guy arrives!

BTW...After my big holiday purchase (new tx), I plan on saving up for a 50cc set up...I'm digging the slicks and the sbachs you've got :thumbup:

Sweet! I hope to have some pics and video of the 30cc MXS and 30cc Edge to post up in the vendor section real soon. It seems that there is a void when it comes to info on those planes on the internet. No 50cc vids yet, but I know there are several videos of the 50cc slick out there already.
What kind of TX you getting?

Aerosi

30cc
Sweet! I hope to have some pics and video of the 30cc MXS and 30cc Edge to post up in the vendor section real soon. It seems that there is a void when it comes to info on those planes on the internet. No 50cc vids yet, but I know there are several videos of the 50cc slick out there already.
What kind of TX you getting?

I plan on picking up the Futaba 14SG when its available, or shortly after. I have a DX6i now, which has been great, but after a long process, I decided to switch to Futaba for my upgraded tx (nothing against Spektrum, none of their equipment has ever failed me). This way I'll have my "nice" radio as I move up in size and cost, and can still use the DX6i for existing and cheaper setups (requiring less than 6 channels).

I'm looking forward to the 50cc vids! How's the quality on the Aerobeez line? Also, do you/will you be carrying Hyperion servos? I've been wondering about those, since the specs look good on them for the price, but don't know anyone that used them...