• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What are you going to build in 2015?

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I will be finishing up a Top-Flite P-47 (.60 sized) that I build for electric power with some modifications hopefully by the end of February. Then I will be building a short kit from a Pete Marshall plan with a short kit made by RCpilot82. That is a 30% Edge 540. I can't wait to start that project!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
sarcastic-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

BalsaDust

I will be finishing up a Top-Flite P-47 (.60 sized) that I build for electric power with some modifications hopefully by the end of February. Then I will be building a short kit from a Pete Marshall plan with a short kit made by RCpilot82. That is a 30% Edge 540. I can't wait to start that project!!!

Awesome can't wait to see the edge come together. Be sure to do a build thread.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Thanks for that lead Chris! I printed the plans last week. I took them to my LHS to make sure they would be stocked on the wood I require to finish the project. I will do that build thread and hope to get some good insight from all the vast experience of others.

@Bluepilot2003 , I too have one of the Pete Marshall 30% Edge 540 short kits laser cut by RCpilot82. I hope to start it in the not too distant future. Have you found an off the shelf cowl that will fit the fuse properly? I did quite a bit of searching of both fiberglass parts manufacturers and ARF manufacturers and the best I found was Precision Cut Kits. They have their Laser Line kits and they have a 30% Edge 540. By the measurements he gave me over the phone his cowl would probably work with a little modification. RCPilot82 said some time ago he was working on a plug for the Edge cowl, but I have not heard anything about it in some time. Keep us posted.
Travis