• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Wendell Hostetler 30% Piper Cherokee Glass Fuselage Build.

TonyHallo

150cc
It has been over a week since the last update. Working at my daughter's house, almost done, still do a little work Cherokee in the mornings. Waiting for a shipment of epoxy and glass cloth to finish off the wing tip molds. Working on the nosewheel pant and control yoke molds. The nosewheel pant is mounted parting board and needs a few more coats of PVA. I should get the tooling coat on tonight after bar bingo. The yoke is going to be a seven part mold, I have two finish and need to start waxing. Might get the center section laid up in a day or two, waiting for liquid urethane mold rubber to finish off the last four parts. Started sanding a main gear pant and will primer and get ready for molding. I think the Kelvar lay up will be the bomb.

IMG_3068.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Casting the molds for the yoke. Using 75-60 urethane mold rubber for final mold pieces. The aluminum balls had the perfect buoyancy, the balls will remain in the mold. Seen the Lego trick on YouTube, works great. The rubber has the hardest of a pencil eraser so it will yield to allow de-molding. Will pour the top later today. Have the nosewheel mold and left wing tip half completed.

IMG_3071.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Be careful with the Legos…….. 1 missing piece and your bare foot will find it. My house still has random Nerf bullets and Lego pieces here and there. Wonderful years raising boys.

BalsaDust

Be careful with the Legos…….. 1 missing piece and your bare foot will find it. My house still has random Nerf bullets and Lego pieces here and there. Wonderful years raising boys.
Ain't even got to be boys. My 6 year old daughter has about a dozen nice lego sets at this point. Though she is different from me at that age. I would build the kit and play with it then tear it apart and do my own things with it. She is very vigilent about keeping the set all together.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to bother you but need some info please.
windshield for the Taylor Craft. I believe I need 0.030 inch thick by 12 *24 piece of material.. I believe I need Lexan (polycarbonate) or PETG. Which one do you recommend and we’re to buy it thanks. Robert.