• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper 120cc ARF is HERE!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Terry, how did you manage to get the servos in the elevator stab? Even if I could get them in, how would I tighten the servo arm lock screw?

Not sure I understand? Servos in the stab is pretty standard issue on all 50cc and larger ARF's? There is a hole in there for it, so you install it like any other servo. To tighten the servo arm lock simply rotate the servo arm and stick your allen wrench in through the slot where the arm sticks out.

Turbine

New to GSN!
Not sure I understand? Servos in the stab is pretty standard issue on all 50cc and larger ARF's? There is a hole in there for it, so you install it like any other servo. To tighten the servo arm lock simply rotate the servo arm and stick your allen wrench in through the slot where the arm sticks out.
The problem is more how to pre-drill the holes for the servo mount screws. My drill is to big to get down to it.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh, you didn't say drilling the holes just getting it in there and tightening the servo arm lock. For drilling holes I have a 1/16" drill bit that I drilled and glued into the end of a dowel.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Also maybe I missed it in this threat but can you recommend low and high rate throws and expo to begin with.

That's all user preference. Set the throws up for maximum deflection and set the low rates to your preference is typical. The plane will not throw you any surprises while flying. I don't fly with rates at all so I'm not a good one to ask as far as low rates.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
For drilling that far (or even farther in), I use an old pushrod and I shaped the end with a Dremel into a flat pointed tip.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 327

sweetpea

100cc
I need opinions here.

Looks like funds are going to be a little tight and finding a used 3W110 isn't happening. So I'm probably going with either a 3W106 or BME100 on the Viper. The other engine is going back on the PAU Edge. I'm barely good at 3D so I'd like Terry/Herve's thoughts on which engine they think would be better for each plane.

Right now the 106 is in the Edge, but I plan to dismantle and recover it over this next season.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I need opinions here.

Looks like funds are going to be a little tight and finding a used 3W110 isn't happening. So I'm probably going with either a 3W106 or BME100 on the Viper. The other engine is going back on the PAU Edge. I'm barely good at 3D so I'd like Terry/Herve's thoughts on which engine they think would be better for each plane.

Right now the 106 is in the Edge, but I plan to dismantle and recover it over this next season.

I have no opinion: I don't know either engine.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
I need opinions here.

Sam,

Check the dimension from the rear of the engine to the back of the thrust washer on the 3W. I think it's too long for the Viper.