• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Charles

70cc twin V2
cooler at night so went down after dinner and installed all the control surfaces so the airframe is finished. Next install the engine and all the radio gear and servos and the pneumatics for the landing gear then paint. 20150809_210713_resized.jpg20150809_210704_resized_1.jpg

djjr

30cc
look nice :) but one question.

What are u use for covering the rudder stab and ailerons? Maybe is is easyer to
apply that first before install at the plane.

Charles

70cc twin V2
look nice :) but one question.

What are u use for covering the rudder stab and ailerons? Maybe is is easyer to
apply that first before install at the plane.
I covered the elevator, rudder and ailerons with clear Monocoat. :thumbup:

Charles

70cc twin V2
Working on getting the engine fitted will have to pull out when fitted and tune it in again but just fitting everything.20150811_161424_resized.jpg20150811_161356_resized_1.jpg

djjr

30cc
I missed the post with the clear momocoat but now i see it.
Nice work.

I update my threat to day to.

Charles

70cc twin V2
Dry fitted the engine and carb and adjusted access holes for starting and Spinner clearance and fitted other parts still have a few servos Checked lower cowling to see if it clears everything and it does. Next step remove engine and do final tuning and install all the glow starter accessories and reinstall engine along with all servos.20150813_161938_resized.jpg

djjr

30cc
what prop size do you use?

Nice plane I am almost at the same point now. Yesterday I connect the rudder and elevator servo's

This weekend I hope to fit the wing servo's

Nice spinner I think it is the same I have.

Charles

70cc twin V2
15x13 I am just taking my time since it is so hot here in Texas. I looked at your build and you do really good work and it looks bueatiful. You are using electric retract and electric power where I am using air and a Nitro engine It is going to be interesting as to the outcome of both planes. Since mine is glass covered i think it is going to be a heavy plane. I'm going to weigh it this weekend and will post. I would be interested as to what the weight of yours is?
Weighed it this morning and the dry weight of the plane is 10lbs 5oz or 4677.66 grams.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Looking saaaaweeet! I keep dreaming of being that complete one day. Maybe I missed it, where'd you find the spinner? Looks like Hobbico isn't making the size needed for this plane any longer. Granted I'm going two bladed.

Charles

70cc twin V2
I went on eBay and it is a 4 in three blade and at a reasonable price of $38 with free shipping it came out of the UK. They also had a 2 blade.