• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Tom's P-47 and Fokker D-VII update thread

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
sweetpea;2632 wrote: Nothing special here......if you want to see a real "Jug"....checkout mine

As much as I love you guys' P-47's, I DO have to point out that "Real" jugs have round engines!!! :D

Just sayin' :p

Astro

Tseres

150cc
Astrohog;2842 wrote: As much as I love you guys' P-47's, I DO have to point out that "Real" jugs have round engines!!! :D

Just sayin' :p

Astro

They also have pointy things. At least the nice ones do.

How is your corsair coming?

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Tseres;2847 wrote: They also have pointy things. At least the nice ones do.

How is your corsair coming?

Corsair is Ken's, I have the P-47. P-47 has been on hold due to lack of time and workshop space. :(

My oldest is off to Nebraska for University in a week and that frees up the whole basement for "workshop" space! Ken and I spoke at Huckfest and are both committed to finish them up this winter, and plan a joint maiden next year, possibly at Wenatchee. I just need to get the gear doors mounted and sequenced, install the cockpit kit and sliding canopy, install throttle and choke servos, then I can disassemble it all, and get it ready for paint and other scale details.

Just met another local who was flying at our field this weekend. He had a Moki 250 in a Pilot Yak. He said it was just the testbed for the Moki, he plans to install it in a big FW 190!!! The three of us will definitely have to get together with these three birds and do some WWII flights!

Astro

Super08

70cc twin V2
Speaking of P47's here is one a friend of mine built and a couple of pics from the maiden flight without the gear doors on. It is a Meister I believe.

2869=1468-Picture 018.jpg
2869=1468-Picture 018.jpg
2869=1469-Picture 041.jpg
2869=1469-Picture 041.jpg
2869=1470-_MG_4803.jpg
2869=1470-_MG_4803.jpg
2869=1471-_MG_4805.jpg
2869=1471-_MG_4805.jpg

Tseres

150cc
I saw a Meister Corsair fly over the wekend with a DA85. It was fast and flew great. The muffler was horrible sounding but if I had that plane I could fix it.

Bemeson

50cc
Tom,

Your planes are always top shelf...I only wish I had the time or skill to build like you and Terry.

Brian

sweetpea

100cc
Thanks for the props on my Jug. It was my first scale build and looks pretty good for it being the first. I hope to have my job situation, situated soon so I can take the time and $$ to repair my hangar damage.

I'll post some of the build pics later this week

Tseres

150cc
Bemeson;2954 wrote: Tom,

Your planes are always top shelf...I only wish I had the time or skill to build like you and Terry.

Brian

Thanks. I just build kits and Terry Scratch builds. There is a big difference there. I'm a big Terry fan.