• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D to iBEc or not to iBEc that is my question

tylerzx9r

100cc
The first large event I attended had an instance where one would have been very beneficial. "Skippy" was flying his OV 4 Bronco with twin DLE30's. The throttle got stuck and instead of flying until it died, he tried to land. On landing one of the engines died and the one away from the pits stayed running at a high speed. The plane proceeded to go right towards the pits and ended up hitting some planes and tables. A kill switch would have saved a couple of planes that day.
Hmmmmmm? I remember that day, MY EVENT, MY Field? Not a good situation!

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
I run 2500 A123 in my Corvus with an IBEC, but they charge so fast I do 3 flights and charge, though it consumes about 350mah per flight so I have a few more before I'd worry.

Thats with all Savox digitals and a GP61

ryan_m

100cc
2 x 2s2600 mah li-po batts on my 50cc birds. I use about 350-400 mah per 10 minute flight. I can safely fly about 6-8 flights on this setup before charging them back up.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I'm running my 100cc bird/DLE-111 with two A123 2300mAh packs connected to a Wike power board. The power board feeds 5V to the RX and 6.6V to the servos and Tech-Aero IBEC. I have the IBEC supplying 5.3V to the ignition. Have used this setup for three years with zero issues.