• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Here you go @AKNick this is my next project I cooking up. 65" span and twin 80mm EDF's
honda Jet 3 View.jpg
model1.jpg
model2.jpg
model3.jpg
model4.jpg
model5.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
very true. Lots of different way to do it. I've been working closely with one of the guys at EF and taking his advice on ways to approach things. The loft command is very powerful but at the same time so easily breaks if things aren't right.

EF headquarters being right up the road from me and the owner is a club member, i have gotten to know a few EF employees. And i take flying lessons from Antonio deDouza, one of their pilots.

BalsaDust

EF headquarters being right up the road from me and the owner is a club member, i have gotten to know a few EF employees. And i take flying lessons from Antonio deDouza, one of their pilots.
Yeah I wish I had realized back before the pandemic when I was in Cummings GA for a PLC training class that EF was literally right around the corner from where we were staying.

BalsaDust

Question for the group as a hole. I've been really enjoying learning Fusion 360 and each project my workflow is getting better. Who would be interested in a a thread that goes start to finish of designing an airframe? I would be happy to pick out a simple airframe to model up and show the process for anyone interested in learning Fusion.

BalsaDust

Who wouldn't be? Let's get it started.

Will do then. I will gather a list of a few planes that could be the subject matter to easily show the workflow. I would say I could do the HondaJet design I have started but I'm still trying to figure out how to do different aspects of it so I don't think its the best one to start with. Thinking something along the lines of just doing an uglystick or even a Champ or Cub. Nothing super complex about them but will still get to use a lot of the features the software has to offer.

BalsaDust

thread is started. please anyone follow along and ask questions as we go.