• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the Pro60 is back and up and running ready to go flying again rudder back on thanks to @pawnshopmike. Do not know why but all of a sudden GSN will not let me up load pictures they are saying the picture is to large. It worked yesterday and I am still using the same device????????
Well got it to work but still do not know why.
7EB70A29-8203-4DB5-A3D1-9921AE3877BE.jpeg

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well the Pro60 is back and up and running ready to go flying again rudder back on thanks to @pawnshopmike. Do not know why but all of a sudden GSN will not let me up load pictures they are saying the picture is to large. It worked yesterday and I am still using the same device????????
View attachment 104692
Looks good as new!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 104692
Looks really nice mister snoops! I have had the same problem occasionally also. When I try to upload photos, it says file too large. What I do is log off and then log back on. It seems to help every time.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks really nice mister snoops! I have had the same problem occasionally also. When I try to upload photos, it says file too large. What I do is log off and then log back on. It seems to help every time.
Ok that is what I did, I said I will try later and it worked, but do not why.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
My incidence meter came in handy whilst mapping timing points on the DJ72V2. With the sensor pushed up against the mounting screw ( rotating sensor counter clockwise looking at the shaft end of inverted engine) puts the timing @ 20 degrees BTDC. Going to see if this helps take out some of the shake this beast of an engine makes.

I used the meter to measure each graduation by zeroing the level each time I rotated to the next mark on the scale I had made adding the number of degrees measured to the previous readings since the scale on the meter only reads to +-10 degrees in either direction. I then made a conversion chart denoting same.
0730181737-00.jpg 0730181738-00.jpg 0730181738-01.jpg 0730181739-00.jpg 0730181744-00.jpg 0730181748-00.jpg 0730181742-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My incidence meter came in handy whilst mapping timing points on the DJ72V2. With the sensor pushed up against the mounting screw ( rotating sensor counter clockwise looking at the shaft end of inverted engine) puts the timing @ 20 degrees BTDC. Going to see if this helps take out some of the shake this beast of an engine makes.

I used the meter to measure each graduation by zeroing the level each time I rotated to the next mark on the scale I had made adding the number of degrees measured to the previous readings since the scale on the meter only reads to +-10 degrees in either direction. I then made a conversion chart denoting same.
View attachment 104693 View attachment 104694 View attachment 104695 View attachment 104696 View attachment 104697 View attachment 104698 View attachment 104699
Ok agree with on all the math and set up but one thing that escapes me is to know when the spark occurs, all the timing units I have all require that it rotates at some speed so it difficult to determine when it occurs to set the timing accurately.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok agree with on all the math and set up but one thing that escapes me is to know when the spark occurs, all the timing units I have all require that it rotates at some speed so it difficult to determine when it occurs to set the timing accurately.

Best to just put the finger of the sensor directly over the magnet. Some semi conductors will fire just before and some just after the center of the magnet. This difference is "negligible". It is known as "Hysteresis" and it can also change with rpm.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is an upcoming workshop project. My 94 year old father dropped something on Miss Moana and poked a hole in the painted Solartex covering on the left elevator.

20180802_210108.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ouch! Hope the old fella does not worry to much about it :concern:. Because there is a younger / older o_O fella that will have that looking good as new ;).