• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's funny.....I too have rediscovered that hobby in the past week. Gonna be starting on a N scale layout very soon.
I did N and Z when I was a teenager

I wish my interest only remained with N or Z, but alas, G scale is where my mind wanders to :oblong: It's kind of peculiar that google searching for hours doesn't turn up much info, whereas you can google search 'rc airplane' and turn up no less than 2 dozen results for web outlets and forums.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the help for the red and black wire I know how it works now.. But I am still not up to speed on the SRXL connection The receiver has a Xbus port so what is the SRXL for look at the pictures
Sorry guys I am struggling with this. Thank for your help.
43C0307B-FA75-4F92-BE82-D8B80D199BDF.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks for the help for the red and black wire I know how it works now.. But I am still not up to speed on the SRXL connection The receiver has a Xbus port so what is the SRXL for look at the pictures
Sorry guys I am struggling with this. Thank for your help.
View attachment 103180

The SRXL port is an output connection for all 8 channels of that Rx. One example of use would be to connect the SRXL port of the Rx to the B port of an Aura 8 flight controller using just one double female pin connector "JST" cable. The XBUS port can do the same thing but you would need a special cable ( w/ micro JST connectors ) other than the double ended female pin connector commonly known as JST and plug it in to one of the remote Rx inputs on the Aura8.
Here are some pics........Note on the JR Rx picture the XBUS port is just like the one on the Spektrum SRXL port.

Diverse-connessioni.jpg
9717371H_POTENZA-AURA-8-AFCS-ADVANCED-FLIGHT-CONTROL_570x570.jpg
9717371G_POTENZA-AURA-8-AFCS-ADVANCED-FLIGHT-CONTROL_570x570.png

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The SRXL port is an output connection for all 8 channels of that Rx. One example of use would be to connect the SRXL port of the Rx to the B port of an Aura 8 flight controller using just one double female pin connector "JST" cable. The XBUS port can do the same thing but you would need a special cable ( w/ micro JST connectors ) other than the double ended female pin connector commonly known as JST and plug it in to one of the remote Rx inputs on the Aura8.
Here are some pics........Note on the JR Rx picture the XBUS port is just like the one on the Spektrum SRXL port.

View attachment 103183 View attachment 103182 View attachment 103184
Thanks for taking the time to do that it is all starting to make sense to me now. I looked up Spectrum and manuals for that particular receiver and did not even mention that port useless bunch. Anyway thanks again.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got to working on the right wing panel of the Edge. Sure am glad I use 3M Blenderm tape to seal hinge gaps because it saved the plane from a horrible fait :ooh?:. 4 of 5 hinges let go o_O

0502181405-01.jpg
0502181405-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok my iron for ironing on Ultra coat just died. Need a new one is there anything new or fancy out there that I should know about. Which one is the best for the job.

pawnshopmike

Staff member