• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh you don't have to tempt me. I am so motivated I can't stand it. I just need to get some irons out of the fire before I attack the big Stang build. I would love to find a 1 fity Dub.... Oh man, would I?!
Hope you noticed the propeller isn’t that a beauty four blade chrome tips that sure looks good. I must say it is not the best performance but it sure makes the plane look mean

BalsaDust

I see you build like I do with weights right on to of the drawing. One thing building a glider not that I have but the glider boys do know how to keep things light but Evan better know how to prevent parts from twisting. Have always thought building a glider would improve my building skills.

I will say this kit is stupid easy to build. The guys at DJ Aerotech have put some time into their designs and it pays off. Everything fits great and they have a great build manual to follow. Also let’s throw in there the excellent customer support. My kit was missing the precut trailing edge stock. I asked what size balsa it was and I was just gonna cut my own no big deal. I had an imediate response of the parts you need are on the way. Can’t beat that and I will buy from them again.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
No airplane work, but I’ve been slowly plugging away on my Shoe Shrine. I still need to build a lid for the top but it’s getting close. Should have plenty of room for my running shoes plus room up top for my socks, hats, gloves, watches, headphones etc.

D4BAE409-20A2-4C51-9CDF-0960A0658D2E.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
6ed8cb4d150abba7f7b2b012b325dde9.jpg

New toy! I finally pulled the trigger on upgrading my 8FG to a 18SZ, cost a bunch but I really wanted a touch screen bad - almost got the 16SZ, but it went out of stock... so here I am. Let the programming begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Off......:spongebob: I'm just going to take my Spektrum home then :cryin:.

Congrats :attaboy:. Nice system ya got there!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
6ed8cb4d150abba7f7b2b012b325dde9.jpg

New toy! I finally pulled the trigger on upgrading my 8FG to a 18SZ, cost a bunch but I really wanted a touch screen bad - almost got the 16SZ, but it went out of stock... so here I am. Let the programming begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice radio there are so many to choose from . I have been looking for a radio for longer than I would admit to but still looking. Keeps us informed about the radio.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Workings on the profile all day from early this morning Till 5.45 and when I stand back I can hardly see any progress just adding small parts brackets and planing the landing gear that is giving me a headache. First one looked good but built like a tank and heavy. So started over with a lighter one it is a lot lighter but looks a little flimsy but I am going to go with it and see if it lasts. Keep designit lighter till it breaks then at least you know the limits. Hopefully I get the basics of the gear in tomorrow and I will take a picture. Or land to hard which I never ever Do.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Land hard? :confused:. I never land hard either! Just hard landings:banana-dance:.

Well......I went through all my carb junk and modified the DLE60 carb to be a drop in fit on the Cub. Got the RCGF26 running again and pretty decent too! Couple of things I'm going to have to do though to make it an easy starter and smooth idle. Will surge or "hunt" a little bit at idle from fuel pooling around the carb to reed carrier gasket because its opening diameter is smaller than the carb exit opening forming a "lip" around this area. The engine won't prime easily because the choke plate I used was swapped from the old carb along with the butterfly shaft. Was necessary to do this because the choke control arm on the DLE carb was offset 180 degrees as compared to the RCGF carb.

So I will tackle these two small issues later on. :) to have the engine running again! And :big_yes: it uses a bit more fuel now. Hope I can get a decent flight time out of it. Using a 10oz tank. The first pic is to give an idea of how much larger the venturi is so you can see what I mean about fuel pooling around the lip of the gasket causing the engine to hunt a bit at idle. Will go with a bigger opening in a new gasket.
0316181821-00.jpg
0316181822-00.jpg
0316181824-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Cut the landing gear off again just do not seem to get it right. I belive the third time Is the right one it took a while but perfection takes time. ???????. Just have to patient with the epoxy takes 3 hours before you can continue.